Mother's Day Flower Plate
This is a little bit harder craft for older kids to make for Mother's Day. It's inexpensive but very pretty.
You will need:
- 2 paper plates
- Exacto knife or box cutter
- tissue paper
- hot glue and glue gun
- First lightly draw a design on a paper plate either with stencils or freehand. If you don't have any flower stencils you can print them off the internet at About.com
- Cut out your design with a box cutter or Exacto knife. It's a good idea to cut out the plate on an old piece of wood. I used an old piece of countertop to cut on.
- Turn the plate over and tape different colored tissue paper over the holes that were cut out. Scrap tissue paper is fine.
- Take the second paper plate and cut out the inside circle and tape it over the back of the plate to cover up the tissue paper.
- Hot glue ribbon on the front and a small piece of ribbon for a hanger.
This project takes about 45 minutes to an hour to finish.
By luv2craft from Normalville, PA
May 8, 20070 found this helpful
Very cool - I'll try that with my niece and nephews!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 23, 2016 at 1:54:22 PM on 10.0.2.134 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us