Aspirin For Infections

I work many hours in a nursing home, and consequently developed a bad infection from a blister. Triple antibiotic cream did nothing to it by itself. I had the idea that, if aspirin was an astringent, perhaps it would reduce the infection if placed on the site. I made a paste and put it on the spot, and also some of the triple antibiotic cream. The next morning all infection was gone!

By Atoz from Pensacola, FL

Sounds great- I'll certainly try it -Thanks for the idea

a possible factor for the mechanism of action is the acid pH of aspirin. It may have created an inhibitory environment for the bacteria.

Brilliant idea. I think some of us in your situation would have been tempted to "borrow" some supplies from the nursing home. Glad you used your noggin instead.

I also use Aspirin on Canker Sores in my mouth. Just let the Aspirin desolve on the canker sore, takes the pain away and heals the sore.

This sounds like a great idea. I thought triple antibiotic cream would kill almost anything, but I guess in a hospital or nursing home you can get bugs that are very resistant to the usual antibiotics. Since the cream didn't work. could this have been one of those tough, iatrogenic bugs and you found a new treatment?

I really appreciate this tip!! Thanks for sharing it.

Growing up, my grandmother always used aspirin mixed in alcohol, then placed it on a sprain or bruised area. The next day she was as good as new. Don't know where she got the idea, but she was raised on a farm and it probably came from that time. The mixture was soaked into a washcloth and placed where needed.

Salisylic (?) Acid is what cures acne if used properly. If it is only an astringent, it surprises me that it is better than a triple antibiotic, unless the problem is a virus and just needs acid to control it for a while until the patient's own antibodies can fight it off. My Indian grandmother used Vaseline for most all things except Eczema. If we concentrate on getting our bodies healthy from the inside out, it is such a good machine that it can take care of itself with our help. lol

Aspirin
Uses for Aspirin
Health & Beauty Home RemediesSeptember 26, 2007
A bottle of aspirin.
Using an Aspirin Scrub for Softer Skin
An aspirin bottle on it's size with aspirin pills spilling out of it.
Using Aspirin for Sweat Stains
Aspirin
Giving Dogs Aspirin
🎉
🎄