Recycling Stuffed Toys for Stuffing

If you have an abundance of stuffed animals that you want to get rid of, instead of attempting to give them to Goodwill and being rejected or sending them to the landfill, why not use them in another way?

Open them up and use the stuffing for other crafts like making pillows, or new dolls or whatever else you can come up with that would require stuffing. And if you are crafty enough, you may be able to reuse the fabric the stuffed animal was made of. May save some money when those pennies are tired of being pinched and you still want to be creative and crafty.

Source: Thought of it when I read a post on Facebook by my sister who is glad her husband doesn't get her cheesy stuffed animals. I realized how many I have gotten rid of over the years when I could have repurposed them for something else. I'm always trying to save money. Wish I would have thought of it sooner.

By Crissy from Columbia, SC

This is a great idea that I have been doing for years. I reuse the stuffing from pillows, old comforters, sleeping bags, etc. This is excellent for my puppy dogs' toys since they are constantly being destroyed.

Great idea! I love all of you guys, its so fun to see all of the things that come up here and also so useable. Thanks again to everybody! Nikki

Girl Playing with Homemade Playdough
Saving Money On Crafts
Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 22, 2010
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Stove Top Stuffing
Recipes Using Stove Top Stuffing
Cleaning Stuffed Toys
Cleaning Stuffed Toys
Delicious Stuffing
Tips for Making Delicious Stuffing