Stratego Game Using Deck Of Cards

I had this crazy idea of creating a stratego game using a standard deck of playing cards but I can't figure out how to do this. Do I need 1 or 2 decks of cards and how do I use them?

Bob

Answers

I say that you use 2 decks (one red, one blue of course!) Have the joker be the spy/assassin and choose an ace to be a flag. Then assign roles to other cards as you see fit. I would probably lay them out like a solitaire game. Experiment with different size armies and rules to see what is the most fun to play. I would lay some cards out (maybe 3 or 4 pyramids of six) Your bombs and flag must be layed down, but with the other cards you have to choose to keep them in your hand to attack or in the pyramids to defend. Scouts can reveal every card in a row, and you must remove the two cards in front of a given card before it can be attacked.

Homemade Game
Homemade Game Ideas
Make Your Own GamesSeptember 2, 2008
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Sealing a Painted Deck
Sealing a Painted Deck
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Man Pressure washing his Wood Deck
Cleaning a Wood Deck
🎄