Choosing Reliable New Kitchen Appliances

Has anyone else had trouble with KitchenAid appliances? I bought my house brand new just a few years ago, and now I have a kitchen full of KitchenAid appliances that are all falling apart. I'm just wondering what's up with this company. I can't afford to rehab my kitchen as much as I would love to, but I need to start purchasing new appliances as I'm able. I would like to know if there are any reliable companies left out there.

By RDLaure from North East, MD

Best Answer

Three appliances:

* My oven/stove top, the enamel edging around the stove top started chipping off after only a year or so, and rusted.

* My dishwasher door, the mechanism that keeps it from crashing to the floor when opened broke after just about a year or so.

* And my built-in microwave w/hood - after about 5 years the handle spontaneously broke and the door spontaneously cracked (a huge crack right in the middle on the bottom of the door). And now the microwave has completely stopped working, it makes a loud humming sound and the digital display still works, but it does not heat my food.

They just don't seem to make things like they used to. I never had to replace any appliances in my previous home and they were already older when I bought the house and they continued to work just fine for the 11 years that I lived there.

Best Answer

Whirlpool now owns Kitchenaid and the quality isn't there. GE is one of the most reliable, has been in business 20+ years.

Which kitchen applainces are you refering to? The fridge, oven, range, toaster, microwave, freezer, toaster oven, Food processor, blender or waffle iron?

Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget, Red tool box full of tools.
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget
Consumer Advice General AdviceSeptember 15, 2010
A crockpot on a counter.
Choosing Energy Efficient Kitchen Appliances
House Cleaner
Hiring a Reliable House Cleaner
Stainless Steel Dishwasher
Converting Appliances to Stainless Steel
Home Appliances
Saving Money on Home Appliances