Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Preserving Mistletoe and Magnolia Leaves for Christmas Wreaths

I need info on preserving mistletoe and magnolia leaves for making wreaths and other Christmas items.

By

By Charles M. (Guest Post)12/14/2008

I was told by a lot of people to dip the base of them in glycerin.

By Midge (Guest Post)02/06/2008

Did any of the suggestions work? I am trying to preserve fresh mistletoe now myself and found you had already tried.

RE: Preserving Mistletoe and Magnolia Leaves for Christmas Wreaths

By Claire S. (Guest Post)11/21/2004

i was told to dip them in future floor wax.

By Thelma (Guest Post)10/05/2004

I am not sure this will work, but I have bought cat litter and used it on leaves and small flowers. It dries them out and they are pretty. Just cut them lay in a tray, cover with litter, and then layer again if needed until you have amount you want done. I have also read in my MICROWAVE INSTRUCTION BOOK, it can be done in it, but never tried it.....I want to preserve red, peppers I have harvested from my garden, so I am gonna try the cat litter method......Good luck tmelton (at) wayxcable (dot) com

By Scott J. (Guest Post)09/14/2004

I'm not sure if it will work with Mistletoe and Mangolia leaves, but it's probably worth a try: I use to know a lady that preserved eucolyptus branches for swags by cutting fresh ends and then soaking the ends in either glycerine or anti-freeze for a few days.

Here are questions related to Preserving Mistletoe and Magnolia Leaves for Christmas Wreaths.

Question: Making a Magnolia Leaf Wreath

I am making a large magnolia leaf wreath. Is there a spray sealant I can use to put on the leaves to keep them from turning brown? The wreath will be hung up high in the church's sanctuary all through Advent.

By Agnes B

Most Recent Answer

By Karen H.11/30/2011

Go To MarthaStewart.com or FaveCrafts.com They Both Have Everything you need to know! Have Fun Crafting & Happy Holidays! : )