Preserving Mistletoe and Magnolia Leaves for Christmas Wreaths

I need info on preserving mistletoe and magnolia leaves for making wreaths and other Christmas items.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I'm not sure if it will work with Mistletoe and Mangolia leaves, but it's probably worth a try: I use to know a lady that preserved eucolyptus branches for swags by cutting fresh ends and then soaking the ends in either glycerine or anti-freeze for a few days.

I am not sure this will work, but I have bought cat litter and used it on leaves and small flowers. It dries them out and they are pretty. Just cut them lay in a tray, cover with litter, and then layer again if needed until you have amount you want done. I have also read in my MICROWAVE INSTRUCTION BOOK, it can be done in it, but never tried it.....I want to preserve red, peppers I have harvested from my garden, so I am gonna try the cat litter method......Good luck tmelton (at) wayxcable (dot) com

i was told to dip them in future floor wax.

Did any of the suggestions work? I am trying to preserve fresh mistletoe now myself and found you had already tried.

I was told by a lot of people to dip the base of them in glycerin.

Answer

I am making a large magnolia leaf wreath. Is there a spray sealant I can use to put on the leaves to keep them from turning brown? The wreath will be hung up high in the church's sanctuary all through Advent.

By Agnes B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go To MarthaStewart.com or FaveCrafts.com They Both Have Everything you need to know! Have Fun Crafting & Happy Holidays! : )

Mistletoe with red ribbon
Drying Fresh Mistletoe
Crafts ChristmasSeptember 10, 2004
Magnolia trees with pink blossoms.
Growing Magnolia Trees
Dried Wreath With Crocus Flower
Homemade Spring Wreaths
Santa and Mrs. Claus kissing under a kissing ball.
Making a Christmas Kissing Ball
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 3, 2016 at 10:08:08 PM on 10.0.1.105 in 302 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.