Uses for Popcorn Tins

Using the empty popcorn containers for storage of holiday things or if you need a small trash can for a room. You can spray paint the container and add whatever embellishment you want to match the decor!

By Librasunshine from Owensboro, KY

I buy the tins at garage sales and thrift stores to use for storage. Some items I've stashed in these things include dog treats, dry dog food, needle point projects and supplies to name a few.

I use mine, with a food appropriate plastic bag lining, to store my bread flour. It seals so well and keeps it fresh.

I had leftover tins last year from the year before and throughout the year as I found things on sale, I filled the tins for my nieces and their live-in boyfriends and gave them to them. I had a jar candle, $5 movies, shopping list pads, notecards, etc. The tin was my decoative wrapping. All I had to do was put a bow and a name tag on top.

Popcorn Tin Filled with Four Types of Popcorn
Uses for Popcorn Tins
Organizing Clutter ControlOctober 2, 2009
Popcorn Ceiling
Repairing a Hole in a Popcorn Ceiling
Uses for Cookie Tins
Reusing Tins
Game made form an Altoids tin.
Crafts Made Using Altoids Tins
Altoids and Other Mint Tins
Uses for Altoid Candy or Mint Tins