Using Natural Tones With a Navy Couch

I am receiving a navy couch from my soon to be mother-in-law. Its a nice couch with recliners on both sides and it is leather. I am a big fan of browns, blacks, tans, and animal prints. Any tips on how I can make a huge navy couch fit my motif?

Crystal

If your walls are painted in the tans and browns, use the couch as your contrast focal point. You can make small pillows in animal prints, like leopard and cheetah, for the couch. Since this might make your room seem a little dark, if you want you can use a very light weight window treatment, maybe a very light tan cotton for curtains. Personally, I prefer darker rooms, it lets me relax more. You can also use unique lamps with tan shades to pull every thing together too.

I have a denim navy blue sofa and brown leather recliner. I wanted to use cow prints to give it a western feel, and I wanted to add a pop of color but wasn't sure how to put it all together. I started by going to my closet and finding clothes that resembled the fabrics I had, then I added other items as if I were putting together an outfit. After I had my outfit together I took it to the living room and made sure it went with the flooring and walls. It worked. I'm no decorator, but I dress everyday. I went and bought additional items from my palette and I love the outcome. Good luck with your project.

Navy and brown go very well together.

If you love tans and have a navy couch, you are two thirds to Americana! I would pull it all together with a burgandy afghan and pillows. See how my little bear looks nice her three colors?

I know you can dye leather shoes, etc. I doubt you can dye lighter, but navy to black is very possible. There is also spray paint for vinyl... also a possibility. Good luck, and if you decide you don't want the couch, I'll take it.

Save up and buy the sofa you really want its the only way if you want it to look good.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Room Color SchemesOctober 10, 2008
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
A man in the Navy coming home.
Gift Ideas for Someone in the Navy
🎄