Video Game Review: Mysteryville

Debra Frick

If you have a daughter who has a love affair with cats and also loves mysteries this is a game you should consider for her Christmas or birthday present. Though young detectives male and female will also love this game. It is also a game that many with memory problems, like those associated with Fibromyalgia, will like as it helps to stimulate your memory skills. I am always on the look out for games that are non-violent and that my grandsons and I can play together. I am not what you would call a gaming master, I have had a computer for many years but I did not play many games, but Soilitare on my computer. But since my diagnosis of fibromyalgia, I have spent many days in my bed and my laptop has become my best friend. Games like these help me with my memory and give me something to do other than watch old re-runs.

Mysteryville is a fun and challenging game for all ages. It is set in a small town where all the cats are disappearing. You are a reporter who stumbles on to the story and must figure out who is taking all the cats and for what reasons. Now most of you know that I love and raise Siamese cats and that I love to write so this really had me intrigued. All the cats are missing from this town and I get to write a story about it well I was hooked from the basic introduction. To start the game you type in your name and you are off and running. The first screen is a map to where you will go in the town.

The locations are a cantina, a lab, a fortunetellers store, an oriental market, police station and an airport, a nunnery and a museum. There is a story that you read along and dialogue with the different characters in the game. This game is similar to Prime suspects/Ravenhurst in that you have a mystery to solve and you solve it by going to different locations and find the objects in the hidden pictures. I found this game more challenging then Ravenhurst as each location is timed and your tips are timed also. It is different and more challenging as you sometimes only have shadows of the things that need to be found or the power goes out and you have a flashlight to search the room with. I play this with my grandsons who just love to try and find the hidden objects in the pictures. They can see them faster sometimes than I can. With it being a timed game if you go over the 3 or so minutes they gives you to find all the clues you can start over in that room, which I liked because with my grandsons being so young it was hard for them to find everything in a location the first time through.

My only two complaints about this game is that sometimes in the storyline the screen goes blurry and that can be hard on your eyes. The second is that once you have played through the game, you have to choose another player name to be able to play again. The game took us about 4 hours to complete which made it a long game but it is addicting so you just dont want to stop. I hope you all have fun with this game and that you have enjoyed this review. I give this game a 10 for graphics and a 8 for ease of play and it too receives "Nana's Wholesome Award".

About The Author: Debra Frick is a mother of 5 and a grandmother to 8 grandsons and one granddaughter. She is a published author and poetress. Recycling and saving money are her passions. She also loves crocheting and cooking. She is also a pet rescue volunteer and has many pets of her own.

Thank you. Just from your review, and knowing what the game is all about, I am certain my daughter would love it.

Karyn

it looks like a medium/woman who practices black magic there in the picture. i would not give that to my kids or anyone

It has nothing to do with black magic. I bought this game awhile back and it was perfectly innocent game. I love the hidden object games. I recently joined bigfishgames.com because instead of spending 10 to 20 dollars per game. I now spend 6.99 per game. I just have to buy one a month for a year. I was doing this anyway, so now I am saving alot of money. My favorite one right now is Dream Chronicles 2. Its a little harder than this one, but very fun, lots of puzzles to figure out. For kids you just about cant beat any of the Mystery Case Files games. THere are quite a few to choose from too.

Happy Couple Playing Video Game
Video Game Reviews
Entertainment Games Video GamesAugust 12, 2008
Super Mario Brothers Costume
Making a Super Mario Brothers Costume
Saving Money on Video Games
Saving Money on Video Games
Streaming Video
Buffering Problems With Streaming Video
wood and rope ring toss game
Ring Toss Game Ideas
🎄