Cookie Recipes Using Applesauce Instead Of Butter

I would like to know how to use applesauce in cookie recipes in place of butter and shortening. Any recipes would be welcome, especially sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate chip. Thanks!

Cheryl from Saugerties, NY

I have been using applesauce in place of fat for a long time. Replace the fat quantity with the same amount of applesauce. This works great with breads, brownies and cookies. I also make my own applesauce from apples that have gotten soft, this way there is no extra added sugar.

You can replace butter/margarine in moist bar recipes such as brownies. Use 1/2 cup replaces 1/2 cup. Also in the cookies that are made from a cake mix you can use applesauce instead of oil. Again 1/2 c. replaced with a half cup. I would think it would work in quick breads or muffins but have never tried.

Harriet

Yes applesauce work's just great! The only reason oil is used is to keep food moist and applesauce has the same effect. And do not worry you can not even tell it is there.T ry it I think you will like it. It is also something we learned to use after my Dad had by-pass surgery. It is definitely much healthier also I do not even use salt when I cook or bake and everything turns out just fine. Happy Eating, darlene

My experience is that cookies turn out way too cake-like with just applesauce. If you're okay with those kinds of cookies, enjoy! They can't be salvaged after the fact by adding butter (I tried adding melted butter to the remaining dough - didn't work). I haven't tried half applesauce, half butter, but my suspicion is that nothing can take the place of butter, at least for cookies. Applesauce instead of butter is great in banana bread though! Good luck.

my experience is that cookies turn out way too cake-like with just applesauce. if you're okay with those kinds of cookies, enjoy! they can't be salvaged after the fact by adding butter (i tried adding melted butter to the remaining dough - didn't work). i haven't tried half applesauce, half butter, but my suspicion is that nothing can take the place of butter... at least for cookies. applesauce instead of butter is great in banana bread though! good luck.

Applesauce Cookies
Applesauce Cookie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CookiesAugust 8, 2008
corn with real butter
Benefits of Using Real Butter
Applesauce with Pork Roast
Recipes Using Applesauce
Canning Applesauce
Canning Applesauce
🎉
🎄