Cleaning Cat Urine off a Cement Floor

How do I clean cat urine off of a cement floor that won't hurt the cats if they lick it?

Kathi from Pittsfield, MA

Easy. Sprinkle baking soda on it then pour full-strength white vinegar over that; the two make a paste which will remove the odor and mildly bleach the stain. Let this sit 5 min. or so then blot. For deeper or older stains, you may have to do this twice.

try white vinegar

When you clean, use the product of your choice; enzymes are most recommended. I would tell you that whatever you do, you need to make sure you seal your cement properly afterward: 1) to lock any residual smell in and 2) to keep from saturation in future. Good luck (I have four of my own).

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsAugust 21, 2006
Stains on Cement
Removing Stains on Cement
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
A cat sitting on a couch.
Removing Cat Urine Odor from a Couch
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout