Flowers to Match My Wedding Colors

My wedding colors are chocolate, pink, and cream. I was wondering if someone has suggestions on flowers and flower colors.

By partyhappy99 from Van Buren, ME

Pink roses or carnations. I'm sure your florist could even recommend some cream colored ones. As far as the chocolate, it wouldn't surprise me if florists would have some floral spray in that color. If you want to do silk ones, some of the larger hobby/craft stores might have chocolate colored silks.

As a silk wedding flower designer and a wedding planner of almost 10 years I would suggest the following; Chocolate Cosmos, mixed with either pink and/or cream roses, peonies, or ranunculus. You could also mix in pink or cream calla lilies, or tulips. Depending on when your wedding is and the level of formality I would be happy to give you more detailed suggestions.

May 17, 2012 Flag

My daughter's wedding will be March of 2013. She has chosen precious metals as her color scheme: bronze, gold, and pewter and wants cream calla lilies. We would like candles and flowers at the reception tables. What type and color flowers would you recommend?

By Vicky

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The cream calla lillies will work as well as cream colored candles. Actually any color of flowers and candles will work with metal colors. As to type of flower, that could be any kind that she wants.

I think sunflowers would match also lillies work too lol

December 4, 2009 Flag

I'm having a fall outdoor wedding. Ivory and wine are the main colors. (My dress is ivory, bridesmaids: wine). We will be having two accent colors, both mothers of bride and groom will be in navy and purple. Should I go darker shade flowers to match or lighter shade? We will be using artificial flowers. Should I stick to colors that match exactly or can I mix it up with like mauve, etc.? if so, what colors?

Nella from MN

Answers:

Flowers to Match My Wedding Colors

Mix it up. It's your day and as long as you think it looks good, it will be perfect. I was just recently married and my colors were lavender and pale yellow. I ran the gauntlet on range of color. I went from light to dark with each. The more you open your color scheme the easier it will be to comb the clearance racks and save money by not having to be exact. At the end of the day it all looked wonderful and no one noticed that I added the spectrum of shades in my flowers. (06/27/2007)

By Heather

Flowers to Match My Wedding Colors

Maybe you could carry wine colored flowers, and your bridesmaids could carry ivory flowers. (06/28/2007)

By Allison

Flowers to Match My Wedding Colors

We also had a fall wedding with silk flowers. I used fall foliage in our bouquets. Lots of oranges and plum (Red Maple leaves). We used more leaves than flowers. Some mums. Cedar "leaves" for greenery. Even small pumpkins and pine cones for whimsy. With a fall palette you have a lot of freedom with color. You can go bold and bright or soft and muted if you want to look more formal.

I should mention that my bridesmaids wore navy blue. One of them asked if I would have to change my flowers since orange and blue "clash". I have an art background so I know they "complement". I muted the warm colors and added small blue flowers, too. It was beautiful.

I would stay away from pastels in the fall, they are more suited to spring and summer.
Good luck and remember to keep it fun. It isn't the wedding so much as the marriage. (06/28/2007)

By Lisa from Lena, WI

June 26, 2007 Flag

What color and type of flowers should I choose to go with wedding colors of turquoise, raspberry and ivory?

Theressa from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Flowers to Match My Wedding Colors

I love Tiger Lilies for a summer wedding and they come in so many pink colors.Or go neutral with white roses with tiny ribbon loops of the colors you have chosen.Silk roses can be bought ahead,bouquet made and stored until the wedding,saving you money and giving you and your attendants flowers to keep for years as a momento vs.flowers tossed out in a few days.Garden Ridge (in Ky) has any type of silk flower you could want,and they'll soon (if not now)be on clearance.Good luck with your wedding!

By Sharon,Ky

Flowers to Match My Wedding Colors

I saw a wedding planning show on TV and they suggested white or off-white roses embellished with ribbons that match your wedding colors. Saves money and looks elegant, too.

By ImTrish

Flowers to Match My Wedding Colors

Wow, what great colors!! I think orange calla lillies, and sage or green hydrangeas, cream roses with hot pink would be great. I did a wedding last year, with blue hydrangeas and lavender roses. They were wonderful. Depends on the time of year too. Here is a style you might enjoy! Let me know if you need help.

By busymomof4

RE: Flowers to Match My Wedding Colors

Flowers to Match My Wedding Colors

Stargazer lilies have nice raspberry colors with striking fragrance, I think they are in the Asiatic class. White roses as posted above would give you the cream colors, and with turquoise ribbon, you're set. that would be my best guess. Best wishes to the bride-to-be!

By Kim Ch

Flowers to Match My Wedding Colors

WARNING, IF you use these lovely lilies suggested, just REMEMBER to CUT OUT THE INNER PESTLES? THOSE LONGER center PARTS THAT HAVE THE POLLEN ON THEM, BECAUSE THE POLLEN WILL STAIN BIG TIME !!!

I love the lilies, and you will too if you combine them with Babies Breath, otherwise, they are too big for a wedding Brides' bouquet, but perfect for a table. Good luck and God bless you. : )

By Lynda

Wedding table with baby's breath in gold mason jars.
Choosing Wedding Flowers
Weddings FlowersDecember 4, 2009
Pink wedding shoes.
Dyeing Wedding Shoes
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Growing your own wedding flowers.
Growing Your Own Wedding Flowers
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄