Attach Interfacing For Long Lasting Sewing Patterns

My subject is sewing patterns. I was making a lot of hats for my granddaughters so what I did was I took iron on interfacing and ironed it onto the pattern to make it last longer. No more tearing of the pattern and I am sure it will me last forever.

By Cindy from Oxford, NJ

Remember to buy, Con-Tact (brand) paper.

This comes in a clear transparent style, it's permanent, lots cheaper then interfacing.

Also can be used to cover jackets on expensive books, will last a lifetime.

Good Luck!

I am not sure what interfacing is, but I am going to walmart to get some for crafts! Sounds like it could be used for lots of different things, and I never would have thought of using it for this. I am voting for this craft to win! Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,

Robyn

I do this too and it is so worth whatever expense is involved, as patterns are often expensive.

With respect to pattern longevity? Keep those Christmas wrap cardboard rolls and use them to store patterns instead of folding.

Sewing pattern and wheel marker.
Saving Money on Clothing Patterns
Crafts SewingJune 21, 2007
shelf of interfacing
Using Interfacing
Using Sewing Machine
Tips for Using Sewing Patterns
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
🎉
🎄