PaperCrafts

Uses for Paper Sample Books

At the ad agency I work for, we receive paper sample books from paper manufacturers on a regular basis. When a new book comes in, the old book is obsolete and is to be disposed of. Lucky for me, I arranged it that I get the old books! Now I have to figure out what to do with all the paper.

These are small pieces in all colors and grades from onion skin to card stock stapled in a book. I donate half of the 'treasure' to my son's grade school for art and displays. With the other half, I use the white paper for notes and lists and the color paper for decorating note cards and making gift tags.

Does anybody have any other ideas of what I can make with all this paper that I can give as a gift? I'm not into scrapbooking and I don't know anyone who is. Thaks in advance!

CleanPuppy

Is there a "free cycle" in your area? It is a group in Yahoo that recycles anything else besides paper, plastic and metal. It is free to join and everything there is offered for free. I have gotten blue jeans for myself and plants for my daughter's apartment through the free cycle in our area. Maybe someone in your area does a lot of crafts and would love to help you get rid of the extras. Boy, if you lived near me I would love to "borrow" some of your extras. By the way, generally speaking, where are you in this world of ours? Maybe.....???

Make home made xmas cards using a stencil.

How about making cards, scrapbooking

sell it on e-bay?

donate to a nursing home (or make the cards and present them to place on dinner trays!)

donate to a homeless shelter or your local womens shelter

your church sunday school or bible school

Contact St Judes children hospital (or your local childrens hospital or Ronald McDonald house)

etc.

I say donate them all to schools, churches, etc. for the kids if you're not into doing any crafts yourself. I have many paper sample books, as I have a similar job myself. They are great for about any craft involving paper and can really save the school money!

Decoupage a sturdy Shoebox. 2 or 3 boxes from a small to large and use as display with added bonus of STORAGE! Boxes can also b used 4 Christmas gift boxes.""

Frame the nice ones and make art project.