Browsing: Christmas Shopping Advice

My Christmas Shopping Spree

Today, I went shopping, early in the morning, at several stores. I hit their bargain bins as soon as I entered.

At one Walgreen's they had 3 shopping carts of mark downs at 50 cents per item. There were 6 small plastic swan and fish shaped lotion bottles. I bought all 6 of them. Greedy? You bet. I was the first one there, why not?

There was one small plastic lavatory shaped soap dish. "Glommed" on to it. Spent $3.50 + tax there.

Went to thrift shop across the street. Found a large grapevine wreath, for $1, which I wanted, to decorate for a friend's back porch.

On down the street to another Walgreen's/ Their bargain bins were 50% off. Bought a $2, liter sized bottle of bubble bath, for $1 and an 18 oz bottle of Suave Naturals moisturizing lotion, $2,59 for $1.29.

I came home, pleased as punch at having spent a tad over $10, knowing I was going to be able to make at least 10 nice gifts.

I divided the lotion into the 6 lotion dispensers. I save some of my small bottles as I get them. I divided the bubble bath into 3 bottles, about the size needed for 1 bath. I still have about 1/3 of the bottle left for grandchildren's use when they visit.

Then I took a small bar of Caress soap, unwrapped and took it out of the box. Wrapped it in plastic wrap, scotched taped the wrap around the soap, put a cute sticker on top of soap. Placed it in the soap holder, wrapped it and one lotion dispenser in plastic wrap, placed them in 1/2 a net potato bag. Gathered it at top, added bow. One inexpensive gift for a granddaughter.

I will give other lotion dispensers to several elderly friends as Christmas gifts.

By Gladys Hill

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

What a great day you had!!!!

if you have any websites that you can shop and recieve your items and then they bill you with no cc needed please let me know. I already know about abc and ltd.. plz email me kisses_to_go @ yahoo.com (remove spaces)

Yep you had a great day! I just love sale shopping and wish I could have gone yesterday but we had a big snow :-( Hoping I can make it out today. I so look forward to the day after Christmas sales and almost cried when I couldn't go yesterday!

Shopping bags of presents
Christmas Shopping Advice
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts FrugalNovember 16, 2004
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Shopping After Christmas Sales
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:46:17 AM on 10.0.0.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.