Use Paper Bag as Alternative to Canvas

Save money on paper and canvas by using a paper bag instead. I found creating art to be an expensive process, so I began using paper bags to save money in place of canvas. They are free and a great form of recycling.

By Demarquis from Virginia Beach, VA

If you are talking about for oil painting a trick my college art instructor taught us back in the 60s was in order to save money on canvas to go to the lumber yard and ask to buy scraps of masonite(I don't even know if they make that any more). It is smooth on one side and real textured on the back side. Back then and I suppose being in a small town I would go to the lumber yard and ask if they had some scraps of masonite that I could buy and an employee would go out back and arrive at the coutner with a whole armful and I was never charged for it. Like I say I think a lot had to do with the era and the small size of the town.

Craft Supplies
Saving Money on Craft Supplies
Crafts PaintingFebruary 9, 2011
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper