Shake Clothing Before Drying

Here's a tip for saving time and money when drying clothes. When taking a load out of the washer (especially towels) give them a quick shake to separate them before you throw them in the dryer. For those who go to the laundromat, this will save quite a bit of drying time.

By PICO from ST. Paul, Alberta

I am 58 and I was taught to shake towels before I put them in the dryer. One day my sister told me she had read that was not necessary. I thought I am going to give that a try. I did not shake and the drying time did not change and they came out as if I had of shook them. Now I do shake out blouses, pants and etc. to prevent wrinkles. Maybe one day I will get brave enough to not shake.

I don't bother to shake anything. Figure they get enough shaking during the bouncing around in the dryer. Everything comes out fine. I've heard if you add a clean tennis ball to the load, it helps to get things softer and more wrinkle-free. I haven't tried it yet, but might one of these days.

Don't over load your dryer or over dry your clothes. If I hang some items as I pull them from the hot dryer, I don't even have to iron them, or maybe just a touch up.

I still shake out my towels before drying. After every load cleaning the lint filter. Along with scrubbing the dryer lint filter with soap & water as It becomes clogged with fabric softener build up. I vaccum off the back to make my dryer more efficient to keep down fire hazards. But I do shake & hang most of my wearables on clothes hangers. It makes for less wrinkles and Ironing much easier.

Woman Hanging Clothes Out to Dry
Saving Money On Drying Clothes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryAugust 4, 2006
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
Candy Shake
Candy Shake Recipes
A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:48:20 AM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.