Buying Wholesale for Resale

Category Business
Grocery Owners
When running a business you want to purchase your products at the best possible price. This is a guide about buying wholesale for resale.

Hi everyone!
I'm looking for some places to get (wholesale) items to resell. I have a small embroidery shop- but would like to carry other gift items as well.
Thanks

Try salehoo they are one of the leading wholesale portals on the internet and is a great place to start your wholesale product sourcing!

Gain access to them by going here ==>http://www.sale … 06&type=tour

Anonymous

Offer your customers the best in scented candles. Candlelight Obsession has introduced the new look of scented soy candles. Eco-friendly, profitable, and quality made. Did I mention they ship wholesale free?

I am thinking about buying items wholesale and selling out of my home. Can anyone tell me how to get started and give me any good websites to buy wholesale. Also, for anyone that already does this out of their home, would shoes and handbags be a good idea to start off with? If not, what about junior clothes for girls?

Pam from Georgia

I am selling on eBay but there has been quite a learning curve involved. I want to stress that you need to do some pretty thorough research before you even think of buying anything to sell. When I say "research" I mean an investigation to see what is selling well. It's not a good idea to just take a fancy to a particular product that you think would be nice to sell, or that just because you like it, everyone else will too. It just doesn't work like that.

Then you need to know who to trust when it comes to sourcing those wholesale products. There are a lot of middle-men out their who are on the lookout for beginners and they will tell you they have got the real goods at the best prices. If you don't take their word for it but check their prices against what the same items are selling for on eBay, you will quickly discover that if you had gone with them you would have been stuck with products you could never sell for a profit. You need to be realistic and understand that your profit margines might be quite low and that is why it is so important to be dealing with genuine wholesalers. Nowadays many of them will also dropship for you, but you will obviously be giving up some of your profit for this service.

If you want to take a look at the wholesaler directories I use, you can find them at:

http://www.whol … aleproducts.info

I have learned a lot from all of them.

Wishing you good luck,

Birdie

Fazzoom.com has great prices. Also if you want to buy wholesale let us know.

Question:

I am wondering if anyone knows where to find wholesale plants?

Hardiness Zone: 4b

Jim from Faribault, MN

Answer:

Jim,

Are you looking to get into the business, or just looking for a price break on buying a large quantity of plants? Here is a helpful link to nurseries in the state of Minnesota:

To purchase plants at wholesale rates, most nurseries require a tax ID number and/or a nursery license. Unless you're in the business, gardeners are not allowed to purchase plants wholesale, or there would be no one left to buy retail. Still, if you are looking for hundreds of bulbs or a large number of one type of item it might be worth checking an individual nursery's policy regarding price breaks for buying in bulk. It has been my experience that the smaller, local nurseries are more willing to negotiate price breaks.

Ellen

thanks for the idea, i will make some phone calls? give me an idea of what you pay for plants? shipping? do you just order and pick up?

if i have some idea of what i am up against when make the call i will have some idea od what to ask them. get back with any other advice, ideas etc! appreciate your get back-jim.

try your county I live in Indiana, our county offers plants trees and ground covers at a discount and you can buy as many as you want. Conservation Dept usually call your county building they can direct you

Where do I go to buy discount groceries to sell in my store?

By Theresa

I would go to a similar type store that does not compete with your location and ask who their supplier is. It may take a few tries, but once you explain that you will not be competition somebody will usually help.

When I had a shop at the flea market I would take down the names on those boxes being brought in on trucks to other stores. I hit the jackpot a few times. also find out where the wholesalers are in your states and put on sneaker take a buggy and walk and shop. It worked wonders for me. I am in NY.

I am wanting to start a small business. I want to buy jewelry wholesale and resale it at local bazaars and possibly in homes with groups of women. I do not know where to begin. Do I just need a tax ID or a reseller's license?

I live in Indiana and was wondering if someone else out there is doing the same thing and would be my mentor? Someone who would not mind my questions. Thank you and I look forward to the feedback.

By Pam from Lafayette, IN

I recently responded to someone's question about sales tax -- I think it might be helpful to you:

http://www.thri … 9136590.tip.html

I came back and posted again with some information about selling online, but I guess someone deleted it. (I don't know why.)

I went ahead and got a Tax ID number, but I didn't really need it. You'll want a license from your state tax commission (I think different states use different names for the licenses). If you're thinking about selling online, tax is handled differently. Send me a message if you're interested and I'll tell you what I know (I don't want to write all of that and have it deleted again!). Best of luck with your new business -- I wish you much success!

Whatever state you live in you will need a business license and maybe a wholesaler's license (I am not a retailer, but I've been with friends when they bought jewelry wholesale to resell. With the wholesale license you won't have to pay taxes twice. Call your state's Small Business office or SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives). SCORE may be for larger entities, but they can direct you.

P.S. If you want lower-market jewelry take a look at firemountaingems.com

Can I purchase canned goods and other products for resale in a convenience store? How would I go about this?
Also, please give me an idea on prices.

By Jacquilyn from Lacoochee, FL

Here on the West coast there is a chain of stores that sell wholesale foods called Cash and Carry. If you give them your tax ID then they can exempt you from sales tax. Most of the big warehouse stores like Costco are also able to exempt you from sales tax with proper documentation.

Cash and Carry - http://www.smar … e.com/index.aspx

I think you're saying that you'd like to purchase foods at wholesale prices, not retail prices with no sales tax. Sams or Costco might be good for certain items, but not when you are trying to stock an entire store. Especially when others can buy the same items there and not pay your mark-up (which you'll have to charge to make your enterprise feasible). I'd get the company info and phone numbers from specific food product packages, then contact those companies. A single company usually makes several products, so your search wouldn't be as broad as you'd first think. It'll still take lots of time though.

Where can I buy wholesale burlap totes so that I can monogram on them?

By Barbara from MS

Use Google and do the search!

http://www.goog … rlap+&aqi=g2

If you are hoping for info in the least amount of time, try google first. It will save you days of waiting. I wish you luck and hope this helped. PBP

I was wondering if any one knows where to buy wholesale fabric. A friend of mine is thinking of starting her own sewing shop. I live in Kentucky.

Sandy

One needs a "resale" number issued by your state in order to buy wholesale. In other words, one must legitimately set up as a business, with license, resale number, sale tax number, etc. Contact your local state or city/county office for requirements.

I need a wholesale rep in Kitsap County or nearest to Port Orchard Wa. Thanks