Cleaning a Computer Monitor

I need to know what I can use to clean my computer monitor (I know they make wipes you can buy) but does anyone know of something you would normally have at home that would work? Also, what can you use to reduce the static and dust that the TV tends to attract?

imaqt1962 from St. Joseph, Illinois

Hi imaqt1962 and everyone

I am here in Australia and I am sure like in many corners of the globe, take-away is rife. Even if you don't ever eat it yourself, ask everyone you know who does to save you the towlettes they give you with your meal. They are fabbo for cleaning your computer keyboard and screen. If we do get takeaway as a treat I always ask for an extra couple!!!

Best wishes

Elaine in Western Australia

I just spray a little windex on a paper towel and then wipe my screen. Just don't spray the screen.

Save your dryer fabric softener sheets to use. Dry ones are great for dusting the TV and monitor screens, and damp ones clean well.

Using plain ol' rubbing alcohol on a tissue will clean both your monitor and TV screens nicely. It also cleans the rest of your TV or computer well. That's all i've used for decades. Alcohol also cleans many other things around your home; it's great for quick cleaning when you don't want to get your hands dirty for whatever reason--smile.

I use Cinch to clean my monitors and my tv.

I agree with using the Alcohol. I, also, make my own except I mix 3/4 Ammonia to 1/4 Alcohol.

I use a paper towel or lint free cloth with Awesome, I use rubbing alcohol when out of Awesome. I also use the used dryer sheets on tv and monitor screens and it works great. We live out of town and we get alot of dust here.

I have a friend that owns a computer repair shop. He uses denatured alcohol for cleaning the entire computer. It takes off dust and grease on the plastic encasing the computer and monitor and cleans the screen, beautifully. Give it a try.

I just use a wet paper towel and dry it with a paper towel, always works for me

Micro fiber cloths are great, you can get them here http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Micro_Fibre.htm

Can I use Baby Wipes instead?

I notice that one reply said they use Windex and another said they use ammonia mixed with alcohol to clean their computers. I heard that Ammonia is in Windex and that it is no good for mirror cleaning because the ammonia fumes take the "silver" off the back of the mirror. So maybe it might hurt computer components.

I was once told by a tech to use 91% denatured alcohol to clean electrical connections because it dries faster than the 70% stuff.

Home and Garden Cleaning ComputerMarch 5, 2006
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
Computer Monitor
Adjusting the Resolution on a Computer Monitor
woman's hand cleaning a monitor
Safe Homemade Computer Screen Cleaner
🎉
🎄