Best Glue for Seashell Crafting

What is the best adhesive for seashell crafting?

By Ann from Port St Lucie, Fl

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I am not certain but if I was going to glue together sea shells I would try Clear Silicone. It sticks to just about any surface and once it sets it is like a rubbery bound. If you need the gluing to be really stiff I would not use it but for attaching seashells together or to something else as decoration. That is what I would try first.

I was just at a craft fair a few weeks back and this gentleman had birdhouses covered in shells, and asked him if they were waterproof and he said yes and told him I have a birdhouse and 100's of shells and didn't know what to use...he told me to use clear bathroom silicone, will make it waterproof! Haven't done it yet, but will try when weather here gets cold, good luck!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Sea Shells
Crafts Using Sea Shells
Crafts AdviceSeptember 11, 2010
glue dots on strip of release paper
Homemade Glue Dots
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
Using a Hot Glue Gun
Using a Hot Glue Gun
Craft Glue
Craft Glue Tips
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 23, 2016 at 12:02:47 AM on 10.0.0.235 in 474 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.