Best Glue for Seashell Crafting

What is the best adhesive for seashell crafting?

By Ann from Port St Lucie, Fl

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I am not certain but if I was going to glue together sea shells I would try Clear Silicone. It sticks to just about any surface and once it sets it is like a rubbery bound. If you need the gluing to be really stiff I would not use it but for attaching seashells together or to something else as decoration. That is what I would try first.

I was just at a craft fair a few weeks back and this gentleman had birdhouses covered in shells, and asked him if they were waterproof and he said yes and told him I have a birdhouse and 100's of shells and didn't know what to use...he told me to use clear bathroom silicone, will make it waterproof! Haven't done it yet, but will try when weather here gets cold, good luck!

Answer

Sea Shells
Crafts Using Sea Shells
Crafts AdviceSeptember 11, 2010
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Sticker Glue from Wood Furniture
glue dots on strip of release paper
Homemade Glue Dots
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
Using a Hot Glue Gun
Using a Hot Glue Gun
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 27, 2016 at 11:06:54 PM on 10.0.2.65 in 499 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.