Pet Homemade Medicine Kit

I keep a spray bottle of white vinegar, and apple cider vinegar. I also keep oil, veg oil or mineral oil for their ears. I clean their ears out softly every day with a piece of cloth and oil. Then I spray their ears with the white vinegar if they are having ear problems, such as my Cocker Spaniel. If they are having much of a problem with yeast infections in the ears, I give them yogurt twice a week. If there is a bad yeast infection, I put Monostat 7 in the ear once a day for seven days.

The apple cider vinegar and the white vinegar work as a flea repellant on dogs and cats. I spray them with it and work into their fur. The fleas will start hopping off about an hour later. They hate the smell.

The apple cider or white vinegar also work on hot spots as an antibacterial agent, as does Listerine mouthwash.

Tiny Vaseline balls rolled in sugar and frozen acts as a laxative for constipation. This is for extreme cases of constipation.

I sprinkle garlic on food occasionally, but it is better on the coat.

Editor's Note: Please check with your vet before feeding your dog garlic. There are some serious health issue concerns with adding garlic to pet food.

Use Skin so Soft and water in a spray bottle for insect on the coat. I like to make sure what they use I would use on my own self.

Bitter apple can be put on hot spots to keep them from chewing, but it is better to put vinegar on there first or triple antibiotic to treat the spot.

Feed the dog yogurt about 4 times a week if it is having allergy problems or flea sensitivity.

Decrease yogurt until stool is normal and keep that a normal amount. Yogurt also feels good on hot spots!

By Racer

Can you specify whether the garlic is fresh or powdered in form that you sprinkle on the food? My cocker spaniel Koby is having recurring problems with fleas and tapeworms. He is worm and flea free for a while, but it seems to return sooner or later. I don't want to indefinitely give him the pills. Thanks.

How do I treat diarrhea in dogs?