Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Sleeves on Old Letter Jacket Are Sticky

I still have my son's high school letter jacket from 20 years ago. Guess I am waiting for a grandson! Lol! Anyway, the sleeves are made of a type of vinyl, I am sure you know what I mean. Keeping it in the closet for so long, I think the heat or age has gotten to it. The sleeves are sticky or tacky.

Is there any way to clean this or to salvage the jacket. I hate to throw it out, I would rather give it to a needy teenager if possible. Otherwise it is in perfect condition. Thanks so much for your help.

Nolasandy from Kenner, LA

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Liz05/04/2009

I also have my son's 20 year old school jacket and the sleeves are sticky too. I was wondering did the goop work, or did you take it to a dry cleaners or what?

By Sharon (Guest Post)03/16/2008

You might try "Goop" on the vinyl. "Goop" is a "waterless" hand cleaner, that is great for removing stains/spots from clothing. You can buy it in the automotive section at Wal Mart.

By LuvMyGingerKids [45]03/12/2008

Bring the jacket to a professional cleaner -- if it can be saved, they will be able to do it!