Sleeves on Old Letter Jacket Are Sticky

I still have my son's high school letter jacket from 20 years ago. Guess I am waiting for a grandson! Lol! Anyway, the sleeves are made of a type of vinyl, I am sure you know what I mean. Keeping it in the closet for so long, I think the heat or age has gotten to it. The sleeves are sticky or tacky.

Is there any way to clean this or to salvage the jacket. I hate to throw it out, I would rather give it to a needy teenager if possible. Otherwise it is in perfect condition. Thanks so much for your help.

Nolasandy from Kenner, LA

Bring the jacket to a professional cleaner -- if it can be saved, they will be able to do it!

You might try "Goop" on the vinyl. "Goop" is a "waterless" hand cleaner, that is great for removing stains/spots from clothing. You can buy it in the automotive section at Wal Mart.

I also have my son's 20 year old school jacket and the sleeves are sticky too. I was wondering did the goop work, or did you take it to a dry cleaners or what?

armor all leather cleaning wipes! took 5 minutes

Magic Eraser does the trick...cover in a cloth garment bag or pillow case.

I tried the magic erasure and. It does not work for me. Mabey I am doing something wrong.?

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingMarch 11, 2008
T-shirt
Tightening T-shirt Sleeves
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎉
🎄