Black and White Kitchen - Categories:

Black and White Kitchen

I have a black and white kitchen. Would a red border with white daisies go with that? The walls are white sheetrock also. It has mostly white, just one row of black tile on the one back wall and the floor. Would the red go with the black and white? And if so, what other ideas could I do besides the border. Painting is out, he won't let me.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I think I would stick with the black & white & just put a splash of red somewhere.I grew up with a black & white bathroon my mom hated it & never found anything she really liked to go in it, Years later I visited a B&B & they had the exact same bathroom. They had put a black vase witha single red rose on the vanity.I couldnt believe how great it looked.

Do you like the cafe look that is out now? perhaps a a canopy curtain in a thin black & white stripe? you know the one that looks like a awning?You may not have picked the black & white but I think you should work with it.Also there is a tile paint out now, yes I know you said you cant paint but I wondered if they tile paint is removable? (of course the shower tile paint would not be. goodluck.

I think the red border with white daisies would look great. Then maybe frame a couple pieces of the border and put it on another wall to carry the theme out.

I would also add may a few red/white accessories.

Regardless of the black and white, I think it sounds really fresh and clean and gives a contemporary look.

You could go with a vintage theme. I used to have my kitchen done that way. I made red and white checkered curtains (I can sew very simple things.) I found at thrift stores and garage sales a lot of neat vintage kitchen items (utensils, cookie jar, tins, canisters, towels, etc) all of these are fairly easy to find for very little $$. You can go with pops of color with braided rugs. I also have been lucky to find vintage magazines (from the 40s and 50s) at yard sales. I cut out old ads and matted them (with red construction paper) and framed them. I loved that kitchen :). We moved and the house we bought I changed my look. I kept everything and when I can finally remodel my kitchen (hopefully in a year or 2) I am going to redo the vintage look!

I hope this helps!

Hi,I think your red border with the daisies would brighten it up and make it a very cheerful room. I would add some red accents like maybe red canisters, utensils, toaster, coffee pot etc. and i think the red & white checkered curtains would be a nice touch as well, go to yard sales and see what you can find. Don't add too much red or it will not look right, you have to do it slowly to see what looks good to you and what doesn't.

I think a red border would look nice and brighten things up.

When my husband and I bought our house it had white cabinets in very good condition, to good to replace, so I worked with them! And I am very pleased with the results now! I took white tile on the back splash with black tile on diamond shape in one row all the way around We set the black tile half way in the middle of all the white tile that was set straight in. Since the counter top was red and in great shape it all blended very well!

Then here comes the surprise ! I painted the walls kinda light not dark goldish mustard color, I figured if it didn't look right I could repaint! Then instead of buying all the rage stainless steel we bought black appliances instead. It really turned out great! I took greenery and placed all around the tops of the cabinets and bought one of those bamboo type shades w/ a touch of green and gold in it and top it w/ with a topper w/ a stripes with red, green and gold stripes, it all turned out wonderful, The paint I got from Lowes made the difference, who would have thought it would all blend so well, but it did. It has a touch of country, but yet a little touch of elegence to it! Wonderful to walk into!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenJune 24, 2008
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online