Home Remedy for Constipated Cats

What can be done with constipated cats without a $300 vet bill?

By TBob from Dallas, TX

Best Answer

Vet had me once feed my cat tuna packed in oil, without draining the oil. He also suggested i add olive or veggie oil to her food but, if its an indoor cat, prepare for a possible mess when it works. :(

Best Answer

Per my vet, for my guy that gets constipated from hairballs:

1/4 tsp of flavorless Metamucil mixed in with his wet food everyday for a week then cut back to every other day. No more issues, he goes with out straining and doesn't cough up them hairballs hardly ever.

Best Answer

Add about a tablespoon of canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) to some canned cat food. Our cat thinks it's a real treat. It really helps with their digestion.

Put a little not over l/4 cc of mineral oil in their canned food one time a day and that takes care of hair balls and constipation too. Cats don't know it is there. Got that from my vet years ago.

Also, you can try castor oil, or you can take a laxative tablet or liquid and give it to them in a very small dose.

An unhappy cat laying on the floor.
Home Remedies for Constipated Cats
Pets CatsMay 3, 2011
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
Pomeranian puppy
Home Remedy for Pomeranian Hairballs
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
🎄