Orange and Pearl Color Scheme In Kitchen

I just bought a small house and am having trouble decorating the kitchen. We want the kitchen to have some cozy color thus we looked for orange and pearl (for the cabinet) with black for the surfaces and edges. However, we do not know which color for the floor.

We have selected 2 different tile colors, one is with orange, yellow, pearl, white stripes and the other is very dark green with very thin lines (also with pearl, yellow and white).

Which tile should we go for? Will the stripes make my kitchen smaller? Is orange and pearl a good combination for the kitchen? Thank you.

Vivian from Kuala Lumpur

Wood floors would be nice. A cherry wood or dark wood would be nice with the orange and the pearl will give it a clean feel and we have black in our kitchen with wood floors which made me think of it.

I agree. I'd put in wooden laminate floors, industrial grade... They will hold up to ANYTHING. they have a very sturdy coating on them. If you choose tiles. Stay away from using any more orange (that could be over powering) Go with brown, or brown & tan, olive or olive & brown or brown or oliive & gold or mustard. You can use either the larger stripes OR the thin lines as long as they are run the correct way to make the most of the illusion. (I'd have to see your floor plan to tell you which way to run the stripes or lines)

BUT... If it were me, I've learned the hard way... I'd go with a more conservative approach to the cabinets. Orange in the "IN" thing now, but it will be out of style in a decade (or less). Wood ALWAYS stays in style... Why not go with an "orange" color of wood, or any wood you really LOVE (as the cabinets are your BIG ticket items & expensive to replace) then get your orange & pearl colors into your scheme by using paint on the walls & with accent pieces. If in doubt, go neutral... It will give you home a better resell value too! ... And get the colors you love by buying things that are easier to replace than cupboards & floors & countertops.

Thanks loads for all the brilliant comments.....That really helps us lots. Thanks again

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenAugust 14, 2008
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
Photo of a colorful area rug.
Color Advice for Area Rugs
Large Pearl Tapioca
Making Large Pearl Tapioca
Kitchen Window Treatment
Kitchen Window Treatment Color Advice
🎉
🎄