Poll: Were you or someone in your family impacted by last year's hurricanes?

Today's poll asks: Were you or someone in your family impacted by last year's hurricanes?

Feel free to post feedback about this poll below.

My 3 sister's were all impacted from Katrina..2 of them lost their homes and never got a Fema trailer or any kind of help from the state or the government. 1 sister and her husband were lucky and never recieved any damage to their home. One of my sisters job transferred her to Atlanta to work at another branch until they could return to New Orleans. They were there for 5 months. After the job went back to N.O. my sister decided to try to get another job here where I live. She had worked for her job for 19 yrs and had 6 months to return to her job or she would lose all her senoirity and vacation time. She tried to get one here and no one was hiring for the experience she was qualified in so she went back and she now hates it there. She will try to come back here and plans to send out resumes in December...she loves it here and wants to move back. It would be great to have her here. I miss my family.

My sister in Port St.Lucie had quite a bit of damage to the outside of her home and her car, blew in the picture window, and my brother there lost his sail boat, never was found.

Yes - - - we live down on the southwest Gulf Coast of Florida. Right now we are all boarded up and waiting to see what Ernesto is going to do.

I'm on Mobile Bay in Mobile, AL, smack in the middle of the paths of Ivan, Katrina, and Dennis. My family lives all along the coast. We were very lucky, needed no assistance except water and MRE's. We were very prepared with supplies, I always keep my imporant papers in a large accordian envelope where I can grab and go in any emergency, I have a pack ready with supplies for my family including dog, and before I leave my home I try to lift everything I really care about as high as I can off of the floor (things I need to run my business when I come back like chairs, forms and those things). I know where I keep things in my home such as batteries, lanterns, candles, emergency equipment so I'm not rushing around at the last minute to gather these things.

I also remember that this part of the country is beautiful and is we are lucky to live here; hurricanes are a part of what you live with here and this has always been. Be prepared and remember that things are just things. Yes it's hard, but as long as you walk away with your life you can rebuild, and grow. We haven't lost our spirit here on the Gulf Coast, you can believe that.

tagless t-shirt
Removing Printed Clothing Labels
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
All Band Radio
Using a Weather Alert Radio
Pen Ink on Skin
Removing Pen Ink from Skin
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 6:09:22 PM on in 840 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.