Decorating or Hiding Your Dog's Crate

Our dog's crate takes up a lot of room in the living room. Any ideas for hiding it or making it useful?

Thanks in advance!

Karla from CT

We've begun to use ours as a makeshift end table. It works well for holding the lamp and a small box with the mittens and hats for the family. It's a little unsteady, so we have to be careful. I'm thinking of stablizing it with a piece of plywood cut to size and skillfully disguised. Good luck!

How about buying or making one of those foldable screens? I've seen some that have photo frames on them and I know some are ornamental. This would block the view and add decoration to the room.

ours used to sit in the kitchen which was the only dining space in the rental house we lived in. kind of gross. during holidays or entertaining we put a sheet of plywood (cut to fit) on top of 2 xlg crates and covered the crates with simple white table clothes and created a buffet.

dogs are den animals and feel safer when they sleep in cave-like areas

We use ours as a corner table between the couch and chair. I put a burgandy throw over it and then a pretty white table topper. My dog loves it and people are surprised that it is her kennel.

Love & Prayers,

Linda

check out this site: http://www.cratehaven.com

I got a brochure when I went to the AKC Eukanuba dog show recently.

Wow, what wonderful ideas. I just got a puppy, yes at 54 years old, I guess I need another 'baby'. Her crate is right now in my bedroom so she is not alone at night. I would like to put it in the family room in the spring when it's warmer out. I also don't like to look at it though. The ready made must be pretty costly though. I think I'll try cutting down some plywood and using nice moulding for trim and giving a coat of paint. She is a tiny dog, a pug apoo we think. Maybe a pug + brussles griffon. Not sure but darn cute and at $250 rescue fee quite a bargin. For the love she gives back. A private rescue sight , if anyone wants a pup or kitty email me at vallford@aol.com and I will give you the information on the wonderful woman I got her from. She opens her home to these needy dogs. They even sleep in her bed with her and her hubby. Some she fosters out when needed. If anyone can match someone with a dog she can. My Molly is a handfull at 5 months of age but a delight. She came from terrible conditions ( someone that calls herself a rescue person). That's another whole story. Valery

Has anyone here tried the litter box for a puppy? The pads are ok but if puddled and she steps on it her feet get wet. It's so cold out and she's so tiny it's hard to get her outside to go potty. Also I live in a split level house and she can't go down the stairs as yet. She can't get to the door to let me know she has to go. At night if she's in her crate she'll wine so I know she can hold it for a little while. Any house trianing tips would be appreciated. Vallford@aol.com

I got the great, FREE directions from http://www.sewing.circleofcrafters.com

You can hardly tell that this cozy coat used to be a picnic blanket. It is quilted for warmth and has been treated with waterproofing spray for those early morning hurricane walks. Naturally, it is reversible: One side revealing a traditional tartan, the other a bold blue vinyl with an urban edge. Practicality has not been lost to fashion, as this blanket coat has a pocket on each side, appliqued with a charming heart. The design also puts safety first with a reflective strip on the back of the coat.

All made with things I had at home!

There is a new item, people are starting to sell what looks like a side table but is safe and good for small dogs. But i let my baby sleep with me in my bed, that's much better.

I bought one of these: http://www.hardwoodhideaway.com. They are so nice looking and people keep commenting on how great mine is. Kind of cool!

Can you paint a dog crate, what kind of paint. We just bought a used one and it is very used looking, paint chipping rusting etc. What could I spray it with?

I am thinking of spray painting my dog's crate with black Rustoleum. Anyone tried this?

I took our large kennel and took off the door and it is sitting on my porch. I put a table cloth (material) that I got for 25 cents at a yard sale and sewed three sides up and put velco and the third side in a couple of places. I got some straw and filled it half way. Put it in the kennel. Then took an old car mat and we attached it to the front of the kennel so the light etc would stay out and our dogs could go in and out. Our neighborhood cat also loves it. Good use of an unused kennel. In the winter we put duct tape over the holes on the side and now the critters have a place to go to get out of the weather. The straw keeps them comfy and warm. Hope this helps.

I used origami paper and mod glue,and pasted/collaged paper all over it,and now it is so beautiful. Cutting around the window holes when it was dry was time consuming, but worth it!

Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover
Pets DogsJanuary 10, 2006
An adult dog in a crate.
Crate Training an Adult Dog
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
A dog next to its crate.
Dog Doesn't Like Its Crate
dog in a crate
Adult Dog Pees in Crate
🎄