Economical Ideas for Pet Stroller

When I take my 2 Poms for a walk, our 8 year old Pom boy gets tired quicker. I am 68 and not it's not easy to pick him up and carry him the rest of the way. Any ideas? Wagon. Pet stroller. Used child's stroller? I can't spend much so I would like a good, economical idea.

By Sharon from Lima, OH

A used umbrella type child's stroller would be ideal for your little boy. You should be able to get one cheap at a yard or garage sale. Good luck

The umbrella stroller is a good idea. You can strap him in using a dog harness through the baby straps. I am 60 and find that a wagon, with the pulling motion, hurts my shoulder, but a stroller is easy to push. And, if you can't find a used one, most stores sell them for under $20.00. Ask people in your neighborhood if they have one. Most people with 3 or 4 year old kids still have their umbrella strollers, but don't use them any more.

I have two Poms also, and if I were you I would look at yard sales, consignment shops, used baby clothing/furniture stores, Good Will, etc... though I myself had no luck finding one anywhere I looked!

When I could not find a used stroller or anything else suitable (After a few weeks of hard searching), I finally ended up buying one from Drs Foster and Smith about 5 years ago, before they caught on and became expensive. I only paid around 35.00 for mine and now they are 100 or more.

http://www.drsf  cfm?pcatid=12195

And yes, People laughed at me, but I will tell you it was ONE of the BEST investments I have made for my dogs, and considering that against the cost, it soon became a "Thrifty" purchase!!

1) I was able to easily and quickly transport them from my car to the hotel room when I had to evacuate during a hurricane.

2) I am able to go on walks and enjoy myself without worrying about the health of my senior dog, who was turning my walks into "Drags", literally! lol

3) I was able to go on vacation two years ago to a 5-star hotel, and not make a spectacle of myself herding them through the lobby on tangled leashes.

4) I have saved my back a multitude of troubles!

A baby stroller being used as a dog stroller.
Converting a Baby Stroller Into a Pet Stroller
Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 27, 2010
Woman with Baby in Stroller
Keeping a Baby Stroller Clean
Retro Stroller
Restoring Fabric on a Stroller or Pram
A blue baby stroller.
Saving Money on Baby Strollers
Choosing a Stroller
Tips on Choosing a Stroller
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 3:05:38 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.