BirthdayParties

Disney's "Cars" Themed Birthday Party

I'm trying to plan my son's birthday party. He loves the movie Cars.

Arlene from Los Angeles, CA

My 5 yo granddaughter is also infatuated with that Disney "Cars" movie. She also wanted anything " Cars" for her birthday party. We had a birthday cake made up for her at a local grocery store that had a black road across the top with one of those plastic cars (from the movie) on top of it. Joanne Fabrics (& sometimes Walmart) has some fuzzy fleece panels with that movie's charters, so I made her a blanket by just cutting the panel out (you can hem it or not) We used the blanket as a wall decoration for the party, then later as a TV blanket for her. As far as the rest of the party, we just used red & black plasticware, plates, glasses & a tablecloth & napkins, balloons & crape paper, all in the same 2 colors.

* Another idea, is to buy one of the books or posters that goes with the movie, then either copy the pages or cut the pictures directly out of the book then use a foam-board or cardboard backing to make them either stand (for the table) or you can mount the pictures directly to the wall or make a "Cars" mobile to hang from the ceiling.

* Another fun idea, would be to do "racing games" with the kids, or games like "red light-green light".

I've noticed some 'Cars' related paper plates, hats, bags and party items in the local supermarkets. I believe they are from Disney. Maybe get online Ebay or the Disney website and see if you can buy them over there?

This internet site has some great ideas for your party. http://www.amaz  irthdayparty.htm

Have a good time! Carol

I need some really neat ideas, my son will be turning two and I am throwing a Cars themed birthday party in August at a park. I have made little race cars out of candy, but I don't know how to play games with the two year olds. I teach Pre-K, and I am stuck. Someone please help me think of games.

Thank you

Amber, San Antonio, TX