Center Prop for a Sagging Clothesline

We all know you can save a ton of money hanging out your wash instead of using the dryer. I recently started doing this, but realized that my clotheslines sagged when I put anything heavy on it or when they were completely full.

To create a clothesline prop pole, I found two old metal poles that were previously used for a canopy over an outside swing. The poles fit together perfectly. Then I got a metal hanger and cut just enough of it to make an "M" shape at the top of the pole. We drilled a very small hole near the top and allowed part of the metal hanger to come out of it and wrapped it around the pole for extra support of the "M". Fortunately, I didn't have to cut the poles as they were the perfect length. Now when the clothesline sags, I just prop the pole underneath it and my sheets and towels no longer lay on the grass.

By Deanna from Cedar Park

I also, hang clothes out and when I find my lines sagging, I just walk further out back to our wooded back yard and find a semi-thick branch that has fallen naturally. I then strip the bark and cut off the end at the ground to fit the height I need. So, if you live near a woods, look for fallen branches and you have found yourself some clothes line props!

To be honest, on a good drying day, I can wash, dry, fold and put away 4 loads of laundry.

Janet in GA

What I do to prevent my lines from sagging is I hang the heavier items on the end of the line closer to the poles and the lighter items in the center, works great for me!

Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
Better Living Green Living Conservation EnergySeptember 25, 2007
level and tape measure
Repairing a Sagging Floor
Playcare Center
Name Ideas for a Playcare Center
A woman caring for her skin.
Remedies for Sagging Skin
letters as photo prop
1st Birthday Photo Prop