Jasper (Dog)

contest winner icon

We just recently put our 13 1/2 year old Lab to sleep and were quite lonely without him. On Valentines Day. my husband decided to surprise us by getting this cute little guy.

Jasper was very lonely his first night away from his doggy family, so he crawled over to my sleeping boy and snuggled. They have been buddies from the day we got him.

By Katie

That is just so precious! I absolutely love this picture! My heart just melted when I look at it, I have to keep looking at it! So darling!

Cute little boy and dog, but is it a good idea to have any animal sleep with a baby? Or was this a one time thing? Sadly we hear of children who die while sleeping, sids, but what if the dog sleeps on your son's face? Something could happen which you would never forgive yourself.

Thank you! As far as the sleeping baby thing, I couldn't agree more with your concern, but my 20 month old son (not an infant) was in front of my watching eyes the entire time. So, there was no way for him to sleep over Mason's face or Mason to be harmed in any way! I may be a lot of things in life, but a bad mother is not one of those things! I am a responsible parent who understands my job is to protect my child! And to wdyjsu, thank you very much! That was my reaction as well, and that is why I chose to share it!

Precious picture, made my heart sing! I could smell two of my favorite aromas when I saw the photo, warm baby powder and puppy breath!

What a sweet picture! It looks like the darling little Jasper is guarding his precious boy and daring anyone to disturb him.

What a handsome and precious pair they make! Please give the boy and his dog both a smooch for me.

My 1st thought was 'how precious!", & I see most everyone else had the same thought. Sweet sleeping babies, & Jasper looks very content!I bet they bring each other lots of joy & comfort.

And as for the dog sleeping on the baby's face, sounds like the old wives tale about cats getting in the crib & stealing the baby's breath away or siting on their face. It's not going to happen, it's obvious this little boy is big enough to move his head if something gets in his face.

Awww. How adorable Jasper is and he is being so comforted and so is your son. My daughter's lab Max slept under my grandson's crib from the first night he came home from the hospital. I took pictures of Max. Max has since crossed the Rainbow Bridge, and our whole family was just so sad to lose such a beloved family member. When Cody would start to wake up. Max would go get my daughter and tell her Cody was awake. So precious. Your picture is just adorable

How sweet and adorable!

Thank you all for the nice comments! Both Jasper (dog) and Mason (my son) have become quite the pair! It is so funny how each day seems to make them a bit closer! It is so cute watching the both of them play and get into trouble...lol.

Photos Pets DogsMarch 8, 2011
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
A happy dog standing up.
Training a Dog to Stop Mounting (Humping) People
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
🎄