Use Perfume to Freshen Your Home

I like new perfumes, some guys follow the trendy colognes. Regardless before the bottle is empty, I am onto a new fragrance. There is usually a good bit left in the bottle and I don't want to throw it out!

I now use the "leftovers" to spritz: my car interior, closets, shoes and boots insoles, bathroom trash cans, heat register vents, clothing drawers, linens, handbag interiors, totes of blankets, bathrobes, faux flower arrangements, etc! Let me know if anyone can come up with more ideas!

It's smelling very good here! lol

By Missy MM from OH.

Put some in the washing machine during the wash and/or rinse cycle.

Great ideas everyone! No sense wasting the older scents!

Please do not over do it. Not meaning to be rude but people w/allergies to perfumes find it very overwhelming to go around people and things that are overdone. It is kind of like cigarette smoke, the only one who enjoys it the most is the smoker everyone else is coughing. Again, not meaning to be rude. I just know it sets off my asthma and that is no fun.

We tend to keep a bottle of our less-favored perfume in the bathroom in case we run out of bathroom spray. I also occasionally spritz my floors after I've vaccuumed.

January 19, 2010 Flag

To freshen the air in your home, I use perfume I purchase at the Dollar store. Some of the scents are not too bad and do a good job freshening your home. I even take a small piece of cotton and attach it to the heat vents to get the scent in each room. I attach it with a paper clip and it's not noticeable.So no ugly air freshener showing. Just clean fresh air. If your heater vents are flush with the floor, you can use a cotton ball wedged in slots.

By Diva53d from Foymount, Ontario

Answers:

Use Perfume to Freshen Your Home

Great Idea! (04/15/2009)

By vguy

Use Perfume to Freshen Your Home

I like the dollar store versions of Touch of Pink, but I like the smell of fabric softener liquid mixed with water, 4 parts water, 1 part fabric softener. I especially like the Snuggle Exhilarations line that is vanilla kiss. It smells so good. I just spray it on fabric like towels and clothes. It makes the room smell nice. I think I will fix a bouquet of fake flowers and hide a cotton ball soaked in the perfume and see if it acts as a good air freshener.

Robyn (04/15/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Use Perfume to Freshen Your Home

Great idea. I have two cats in house and even though I clean littler box regularly, I worry about animal smells in my home that I don't really smell since I am in it all time but with visitors. I buy the air fresheners and they are good but they are also expensive over time. Will try this one for sure. Thanks. (05/02/2009)

By blondrosecat

RE: Use Perfume to Freshen Your Home

Use Perfume to Freshen Your Home

Just be aware that individuals get acclimated to a scent to the point where they are no longer aware of it, and they use more, often making the scent overpowering to visitors. (06/14/2009)

By susanmajp

Use Perfume to Freshen Your Home

A healthier alternative to freshen the home is essential oil and water. Fill a spritzer (or spray) bottle with water and enough essential oil to your liking, shake and spray. It is fresh, and all natural, no harmful chemicals or fragrances. Mix and match the oils to make your own signature scent! (06/20/2009)

By GreenGirls

Woman applying perfume to wrist.
Using Perfume
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 19, 2010
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Perfume Bottles
Shelf Life of Perfume
Perfume as Air Freshener
Using Perfume as Air Freshener
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
🎄