Chewing Gum in a Pocket

My daughter left gum in her pocket. I washed and dried load. Some of the clothing has gum in the fabric. Does anyone have any ideas? I read WD40, butter & peanut butter but wouldn't that leave an oil stain? Thanks!

Michelle from KY

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I just removed chewing gum from my night gown and my sheets today. I had already washed and dried both and decided to try something simple first. Surprise - it actually worked. I flattened out the areas where the gum was melted in, sprayed the gum with Spray n Wash, used a cool tool for scraping: my thumb nail, and it all came right off! Go figure! Good luck!

September 11, 2007 Flag

My grandson Scotty has gotten chewing gum stuck in his denim shorts pocket, I don't know how to get it out!

Please help!

Judi

Answers:

Chewing Gum in Pocket

Try peeling the pocket apart (yum!) and placing a piece of wax paper or paper bag over the gum and using an iron to warm the gum up and off the fabric and on to the paper! This has worked many a time when my sisters would get gum stuck on their clothing or towels or carpet!

Good Luck to you!

Rebekah (08/12/2005)

By Madelynnsmama

Chewing Gum in Pocket

Put the shorts in the freezer (overnight I suppose) and it should come off. Good luck!

Thistledo (08/13/2005)

By thisltes

Chewing Gum in Pocket

There is a product called "Good Be Gone". You can buy it in the laundry section. You just squeeze some on whatever you are trying to loosen up. It works great and has a citrus scent. It's good to have around not only for gum but for other things that get stuck to your clothing. (08/13/2005)

By SueBee

Chewing Gum in Pocket

I have a similar problem, with it being stuck on a wallet/purse exterior...any tips for its removal... (11/02/2005)

By jaci

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Removing Gum from Clothing
Removing Gum from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 11, 2007
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
A dryer full of clothing.
Removing Gum from the Dryer
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum
Fur coat on mannequin against a black background
Cleaning Bubblegum on a Fur Coat
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 1:26:46 AM on 10.0.1.26 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.