Noodle Omelet

This recipe came about because it was the day before pay day and I had almost nothing in the fridge or pantry. I had put myself on an enforce pantry challenge, to use up what I had.

I had 10 eggs, a few veggies and one packet of 2 minute noodles in the pantry.

I cooked the noodles but didn't put the flavouring in with the noodles. I kept it aside. I divided the noodles into 5 equal portions. I added equal amounts of chopped veggies to those portions.

In a bowl whisk 2 eggs together with a little water. Into this put the noodles and veggies and a little of the seasoning from the packet. Just enough to give it a little flavour. There should be enough in the packet for 5 omelets.

In a non-stick fry pan (or omelet pan) melt a little butter. Pour egg mix into heated pan. As egg mix cooks, lift up edges and tip pan to allow the uncooked egg on top to flow under the cooked egg mix.

If you have an omelet pan it's pretty easy to cook both sides. However, if you're like me, you may not have the luxury of this.

What I do is wait until I can see the bottom is starting to cook, then I put a plate on top of the pan, and take it off the heat and invert the pan. The omelet is now on the plate. I then lift the pan and slide the omelet off the plate back onto the pan again to cook further.

Omelet is done when bottom is browned and edges are set. My girls loved the fact that there were noodles in the omelet and it was more filling. Plus they got their serve of vegetables and they didn't even realize it.

Hope this helps

By Ozbev from Rockingham, Western Australia

I have been trying to make this omelet for years since my friends mam made it for me! I kept trying but failing and your way of doing it without and omelet pan is great and I made my first successful one today! Thanks

Noodle Dish
Recipes Using Noodles
Food and Recipes Recipes EggsJanuary 31, 2006
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipes
Photo of an omelet.
Omelet Recipes
Vegetable Noodle Soup
Noodle Soup Recipes
Noodle Kugel
Noodle Kugel Recipes