Homemade Lasagna Recipe

Does anyone have a tasty homemade lasagna recipe they would like to share?

By Dan from Columbus, OH

The best lasagne recipe I have ever tried (and I have tried many) is the one on the Barilla lasagne noodle box. The noodles are the no cook type that you put into the pan dry, and they soak up the sauce and soften as they bake. So easy. I also vary it by cooking up Italian sausages, chill them, and slice very thinly, using them as a layer.

Quick Fix Lasagna

5 cups spaghetti sauce

1 box (8 oz.) Whole Wheat Lasagna

1 lb. Ricotta or cottage cheese

8 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded

3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, spread 1 cup of the sauce; arrange a layer of uncooked lasagna; top with 1 1/3 cup sauce, 1/2 of the Ricotta, 1/3 of the Mozzarella, and 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat, gently pressing lasagna pieces into cheese mixture below. End with a final layer of lasagna; pour remaining sauce over, making sure all lasagna pieces are covered with sauce; top with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake 45 to 55 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling. Allow to stand 15 minutes; cut into squares to serve.

Serves 6 to 8

Note: For health reasons I prefer whole wheat noodles and pasta. I also make my own spaghetti sauce in place of the store bought brands.

My mother makes slow cooker lasagna. Cook up your meat and onions in a pan and drain any grease. In your slow cooker put a little of the meat mixture in bottom and top with spaghetti sauce. Then put no cook noodles in. Just break them and put them in a layer. Add your cheese (Ricotta or cottage cheese mixed with mozzarella). Then keep layering until done and top with the rest of the mozzarella. Turn on crock pot on high for 3 hours. I love this recipe because if you have a small, large or normal sized crock pot it can be made in any kind.

I posted this on Thrifty Fun a while back. Give it a try, I know you will like it.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf40900188.tip.html

Thank you so much everyone for all the feedback. It looks like I'll be eating a lot of lasagna this upcoming week! haha

Lasagna
Lasagna Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesAugust 19, 2010
Various Types of Noodles
Alternatives to Lasagna Noodles
Lasagna Soup
Lasagna Soup Recipes
Crockpot Lasagna
Crockpot Lasagna Recipes
White Lasagna
White Lasagna Recipes
🎉
🎄