Wallpaper Removal

How much water to how much softener do I use for wall paper removal?

By Sheila from Virginia Beach, VA

I would check the container, but it's about 1/4 remover to 3/4 water. Just don't leave the remover on the wall too long before stripping off the wallpaper or it will get too dry. Here's another view...using water...worth a try:

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/how-to-advice/stripping-wallpaper.shtml

A good tool to use is one which scores the wallpaper before spraying your solution. This can be found in most wallpaper depts. Sorry I can't recall the name. It fit easily in your hand as it was round. You used it in a circular motion. If you have a lot of paper to remove put a sheet of plastic, or old sheet on the floor. This will contain all the mess. Keep a big garbage can in reach for the big pieces. Good luck.

I did this back in the 80s. About 1 oz to one gallon I used a new weed sprayer. Fast! Make the water as warm as you can. I just used a spackling knife to scrape. Our 100 yr old house had many layers. Getting it wet made it easier to contain the old stuff that gets behind wall paper. Make sure to wear a mask. Has many respiratory issues when stripping wall paper. Mites love it!

Man Removing Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper
Home and Garden Home Improvement WallpaperFebruary 28, 2011
Removing wallpaper with a scraper.
Repairing Drywall After Wallpaper Removal
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎉
🎄