Substitute Almond Flour in Baking

I love to bake but I am doing low carb so I have tried to find a good alternative to white flour. I tried soy but did not like the texture. Recently I tried almond flour which usually isn't on the grocery shelf so I grind up whole almonds in my blender. If I buy salted which are cheaper (about $2.50 an 8 oz can at Dollar General), I just omit the salt in the recipe. I am still experimenting because it doesn't work in every recipe but it makes a great banana bread.

Source: 500 Low Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender

By Marilyn from Oklahoma City

HI, I use almond flour or ground almonds not only for baking but also for thickening sauces and gravy. I am on a low Gl diet and this is one way to keep the carbs low, also I live in Spain in an area that cultivates almonds so they are readily available. Usually I buy my almonds with the skins on as these are more healthy, but it is easy to blanch them if this is preferred.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsOctober 3, 2008
All Purpose Flour
What is All Purpose Flour?
Cake Flour
Using Cake Flour
Bread Machine
Recipes Using All Purpose Flour in Bread Machine
Sifting Flower
Sifting Flour Without a Sifter
🎄
🍂