Repairing CD/DVD Drive in an E-Machine

My husband bought me an e-machine and the CD/DVD rom drive quit working after about three weeks. Walmart only guarantees them for 15 days, so I'm stuck with this. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

By Yvonne from OK

I've never heard of an e-machine, what is it?

It's a type of computer.

I would contact the company and see if they will replace it.

@MCW: eMachines is a computer brand name.

Yvonne, I would think that the manufacturer offers at least a one-year warranty. There should be papers in the box the computer came in, that provide the contact info and instructions on what to do. :-)

A big thank you to all of you for your input. I did e-mail them and their answer was to take it to a local computer store, pay them to take out the cd/dvd rom, then pay to ship it to them. yvonne in PK

Easy fix. Go buy a Cd Dvd rom (you can get one for 25- 75 dollars. . Unplug the computer. Take the side panel off. Inside you will see the cd rom, there may be four screws on the side of the cd rom, holding it in and a cable plug on the back and a power plug. Unscrew the four screw, unplug the cable and the power cord. Push the cd rom out and slide the new one in. plug everything back up like the original one was. Put the screws back in the side to hold it in place, screw the side panels back on and power up. All internal cd roms you can find in the store should work.

Thanks kimsukie. I'll try that. yvonne

Computers RepairFebruary 11, 2010
Father teaching his son to drive
Teaching a Teen to Drive
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
DVD Player
DVD Player Tray Won't Open
🎄
🍂