Salvaging Smelly Plastic Canvas

If you get plastic canvas that smells bad, try putting it in a sink full of hot water and dish soap. Let it set for an hour, take it out and put it on a towel. This also works with plastic canvas that is not flat. Put it in the sink and, when taking it out, put it on a towel and cover with something heavy. That will make it flat useable. I buy plastic canvas at yard sales and Goodwill and have to do this sometimes to be able to use it. I get some really good deals on it because people don't think it can be used.

By Barbara from Rothbury, Michigan

What is "plastic canvas"? Is it anything like OilCloth?

Or is it like heavy canvas dropcloths? Or are you referring to possibly plastic tarps? I'm still thinking...

Can't remember anything else I've ever seen, but I CAN remember some thick old canvas having an OILY smell that I would try to get out of the house asap! lol I'll be anxious to hear the answer. : )

In These Guides
several pieces of plastic canvas
Plastic Canvas Tips and Tricks
Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas
Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas
Home and Garden Cleaning FabricJanuary 10, 2007
Making Plastic Canvas Christmas Ornaments
Plastic Canvas Snowflakes
Making Plastic Canvas Snowflakes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 5:25:21 PM on 10.0.0.44 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.