Painting a Space Saver Cabinet

I bought a bathroom space saver a couple of months ago and couldn't figure just why I was not so pleased with it after a couple of weeks. I finally figured out that the dark color (dark brown) made my bathroom appear smaller. It's not that large in the first place. I would like to paint it white, but do not know if I need to prime it first and what kind of paint should I use? (flat, semi-gloss, etc.) Also thought about decoupaging the drawers. What do you think? The bathroom is blue, green and white. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Linda

You should definitely prime it first. That will not only help the paint to adhere, it will save you an extra coat of white paint. It will probably need a coat of primer and 2 coats of paint to cover the dark brown.

I don't think you should put anything on the drawer.

I like the nice clean look of the bathroom as it is.

OK...before I answer your question, where did you get this? It's beautiful.

[I would use a semi-gloss paint with a mold proofer additive. Double check with the guys in your home improvement store's paint department.]

yes,where did you get it?If your not sure of how or what to do,I'd take 1 of the drawers to a"Do it Center".Then they can tell you the steps and materials necessary to re-do your beautiful piece.I myself like a"satin"finish.You can see different finishes there also.You might want to change the drawer knobs to match your bath...wow! your possibilities are endless.The piece looks"Shaker"style to me.Do come back w/pictures when your done.Happy crafting!Keeper

That is a beautiful piece! Please tell us where you got it. I would hesitate painting it, myself -- it's so pretty!

It's lovely as it is. What it needs is something on the wall on either side in the same dark tone to BALANCE the look. Pictures/sayings/mirrors in a dark (does not have to be wide) frame in the bathroom colors. I have a quote in one bathroom that says "He hath made everything beautiful in His time" Eccl. 3:11. It's a good reminder of vanity, vanity, all is vanity.

I don't think I'd paint it. I think it looks lovely, as is. I just painted my bathroom that same green. I have accessories in that dark brown color. I also used a light tan and white in more accessories...towels, flowers, soaps, window coverings. I love the dark with the light touches. Just use a few more accessories and see if you don't start to like it.

Hi guys, thank you for your suggestions. OK,OK, I won't paint it. lol Will just lighten up my accessories.

To the guest who posted the biblical quote, it was beautiful and so true...I am going to use it.

In answer to "where did you get it" posts, here is the website: http://www.seventhavenue.com

Just type in Arches Space Saver in the search and there it is. Price was reasonable $149.00. It does not come assembled, and trust me it will take two people to put it together. It will take a while, but you will appreciate the time and effort it took when it is finished. It is a sturdy piece of furniture. Good Luck....hope you order it because I think you will really love it.

Have a great rest of your week everyone. Stay safe and take good care.

Linda

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingJune 5, 2008
Cabinet Door
Keeping Cabinet Doors From Slamming Shut
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
🎄
🍂