Maine Christmas Charities

Charities that offer help during the holiday season in Maine. Please post feedback about any charities you may know about.

Editor's Note: Do NOT post here if you need help. ThriftyFun does not have resources to give direct help to those in need.

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Their is a list on the freecycle southern maine site. But this is a really good one that was able to help me good luck to you too.

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/bruceroberts/

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Heather Krucker 10 282 Flag

First--God Bless you and your family. Second--Salvation Army is the first place I would go. I live in Florida and I know our church has a mission of giving gifts and full dinners for those who are in need--so I am sure a local church would be more than happy to help you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I don't have any specific suggestions but I do know that many churches and other service groups are there to help you. All you need to do is give them a call. If you are not real comfortable asking, have a friend call.

Also, give a call to the school they are in. In my area, the school as a staff member to help kids in situations and also knows the groups to contact for further assistance.

God Bless

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary 12 195 Flag

Contact your local newspaper and television station. They usually have a list of agencies that participate in gifts for children at Christmas. Catholic Charities, local churches, Boys and Girls Clubs, Toys for Tots Mr. Austin Richards Mattawamkeag/Lincoln, Maine 207-736-7039, Salvation Army (Church Street O.O.B. ME 04064, York County, 207-934-4381 - not sure if this is near you) come to mind. You'll need to hurry because lists fill up quickly and you may run into a problem where most have already filled up. Just don't give up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

thank you very much for all your thoughts and help ,may God bless you all this Christmas season .

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

There is nothing that helps the middle class that can't get buy this winter everything helps out the low class which it should but the middle class is whats getting hit so hard this winter. Do you know for assistance through the city for a family of 4 you can only make 1200 a month so if you make 2000 a month you are out of luck. That's unfair. Does anyone know of any help?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

There are some places that can help the middle class, its true that there isn't much help out there for those who make a little bit more than "income guidelines" but Salvation Army helps with Christmas gifts for children, I did it for the first time last year for my boyfriends daughter and will do so again this year for her and our son. If I remember correctly they didn't require any proof of income, I think on the paperwork it does ask what your income is but they didn't even really look at it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

The Bruce Roberts fund through the portland press herald has wonderful toys available to families. The deadline is Nov 7, and they provide 4 age appropriate quality toys to each child. The ask for your income and your expenses and they feel that if you need the help enough to ask then you qualify. Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Amanda 1 Flag

Angel tree is one but wings of love out of Belfast Me. Is awesome and help out a lot. Salvation army as was mentioned and my friend told me hands of hope in bangor does stuff.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Maine Christmas Charities
Previous
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Michigan Christmas Charities
Oregon Christmas Charities
New Jersey Christmas Charities
Maine Christmas Charities
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 7:48:42 PM on 10.0.2.62 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings