Keeping Bed Dust Ruffles (Bed Skirts) in Place

I finally shook loose with enough money to buy a bed in a bag yesterday. DH and I live in a small condo and the master bedroom is visible from the living room. It was getting shoddy looking in there, hence the shopping trip. We went to Anna's and found a reasonably priced set.

Now to my tip. I've been doing this for several years and felt a need to share. When I change out my dust ruffles (bed skirt) I put a small safety pin in the 4 corners of the dust ruffle. You can attach them to the fabric on the box springs. They won't slide around and get all uneven. If you have little ones climbing up onto your bed this is a valid concern.

Thumbs up! Is this a contest contender? It should be. Gosh how simple an idea. Thanks, will do next bed change.

Here's an added tip. My bed is high. It is set up on risers. Dust ruffles never reach the floor and you could see under the bed where I hide the space bags filled with blankets, extra pillows, etc. I saved the dust ruffle from my last comforter set and cut off the piece that would fit under the mattress. I made the bed with the new set, including the dust ruffle. Then I took the old cut ruffle and ten safety pins. I sat on the floor and worked my way around the bed and pinned the ruffle to the box spring so it was just above the floor. It's really pretty having a two tiered ruffle. I have two different color ruffles or you could try to match. When I wash the set on the bed I just unpin and wash the extra ruffle with it.

Plaid Bedskirt
Keeping Bedskirts in Place
Organizing BedroomApril 30, 2008
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Bed Skirts
Craft Uses for Bed Skirts