Cleaning Dirty Stovetop Griddle

How do I clean a really dirty stove top griddle? We just bought a new house and the previous owners left it and never cleaned it.

I just cleaned the vent cover over the oven, and used a trick I learned on a British TV show. Get washing soda {not baking soda} found normally in your laundry isle, near the borax. I put warm water and about a cup of the washing soda, soaked the vent cover, didn't need to scrub at all it came out brand new, actually I don't think it was this clean when it was new...hahaha. I also used a white rag with the mixture to clean the fan etc and it came out just as clean.

Best of Luck.

Kim

Get 'Greased Lightning'. It comes in a spray bottle and can be found just about anywhere (i.e. Wal-Mart). This product will break down and remove almost anything on any surface, even old baked-on greasy areas. It has become my one and only product.

Scrape it as clean as you can with a spatula then remove it (there should be a small handle up front but there are different brands of course so yours is probably different then mine)

soap it down with regular dish washing detergent & rinse.

If I have a lot of grease from bacon for instance I scrape it toward the back of the griddle where there is a small grease trap- I let the griddle cool off & when the grease is more solid I spoon it out into a can or bag & toss it into the trash (you definitely don't want to risk a clogged drain with grease) & normally I put the griddle on it's side on one of the sides of the bottom rack of the dishwasher to make sure it's clean & then put it back in the stove.

While it's out I often use a mini dust pan & brush but have also used a vaccum cleaner to get the crumbs & salt & so on out of the stove & wipe it out.

Easy!! Buy and use a automotive degreaser. Just spray it on, let it sit a few minutes, then use a pot scrubber and it comes right off.

You may have already done this. But after cleaning cast iron very well, I coat whole pan or griddle with oil and put in the oven on low tempeture for a couple hours. If this is a new pan this may have to be done several times the first year. Same goes for a very rusted cast iron pan that you need to really scrub to clean. Usually when using cast iron all you should do to clean it is wipe with a paper towel unless you have something major burnt on it. If you do have to actually wash pan then a good coating of oil is recommended. I coat and put on the burner till all water is evaporated.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 4, 2007
Dirty Rice
Dirty Rice Recipes
rid dye
Dyeing Clothes on the Stovetop
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making Cookies on an Electric Griddle
🎄
🍂