Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

13 Year Old Girl Party Ideas

My daughter is turning 13 this month and wants to have a big party, 15 kids. Yikes! I need some party ideas that can be done in December and the week after Christmas, no less. I also need cheap. Any ideas?

By Kate from Syracuse, UT

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Allykat10/20/2011

These ideas are great and they really helped. I decided to have my party at The Frederick Building. I thought maybe I would do a costume party since its so close to trick or treat. I am going to do a murder mystery party also. I will just have my parents and relatives be the muders or something and the Frederick Building is free anythime so I hoped this helped.

By Starr04/15/2010

Ahh, birthday partys! I know the cure! 13 year olds? Whew! I would recommened a skating (Ice or roller) or a movie trip, have a Twilight/New Moon party, ect. Hope this helps!

By Vivian [2]12/19/2009

They might like to make their own pizzas. Have all sorts of toppings ready for them with small crusts. Perhaps a build your own sundae thing, also with toppings ready.

My daughter wanted a Hawaiian theme for a party and we got it all at the $1 store. It seems to me that at this age, lots of kids want to do stuff themselves.

Are you in a place with snow? Maybe they'd like to color snow with spray bottles (also $1 store). Good Luck and Have Fun!

By Carol Young [79]12/18/2009

Other than the obvious manicure, pedicure, etc. How about doing a chocolate fondue fountain? You can buy the small ones pretty cheap or rent a big one. Then cut up pound cake, whole marshmallows, whole strawberries, and let them dip and eat!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: 13 Year Old Girl Party Ideas

13 year old girls birthday party ideas.

Katrina from Toronto Ont.

RE: 13 Year Old Girl Party Ideas

My sister, Cindy had a craft party for her daughter. It was great.

Set up tables with craft materials and samples that you have made ahead of time. Let the girls creativity flow and remember there is no wrong way to do art. They will have fun and you will see some great new ideas that they will come up with.

One of the projects they did was a picture frame. Each girl went home with a Polaroid of herself with the birthday girl. (08/04/2007)

By gingette36

RE: 13 Year Old Girl Party Ideas

Oh what fun! Have a pizza and coke party, and popcorn and other snacks for later on.

Buy cheap flip-flops for each girl. Get several colors of gaudy nail polish. Let them paint their nails and their toes too. Have some blue, lavender, glittery silver even black, and other colors that will appeal to the girls. Let them have the St. Ives products to do mini-facials. Have lots of clean wash cloths on hand. And some lotion or cream to put on afterward.

Then let them play beauty shop. Have lots of scrunchies, small rubber bands, a tiara or two, some of that "fake hair " that goes around a pony-tail in a few colors, and some of that spray glitter, and so on. They can fix each others hair. At this age they like to do this anyway. Have a magazine or two of popular teen Idols so they can copy the hair do's. Also let them use the curling iron, the flat iron, and the spiral iron ( with adult supervision of course.) This will keep 'em busy for a while. ha

Go to the thrift store, or ask friends to borrow "evening Gowns" or old Prom Dresses. With the new hair do's, these girls will look beautiful! Have several disposable cameras around, so they can take pictures of each other all night long.

Then, break out the karaoke machine. They will sing to their hearts content. Some machines can be attached to your am/fm radio, so they can sing along with their favorites. Buy some extra "microphones" for each girl at the Dollar Tree. Even if it's not her turn to sing with the machine, she can "sing along" anyway. If you don't have a karaoke machine, borrow one from some one. Better put the dog in the basement, the howling ( er...singing) along with the songs might hurt the poor dog's ears.

Have embroidery floss and patterns so they can make Friendship Bracelets. This will take a while, so you can rest a little bit. Lots of fun can be had for not too much money. (08/07/2007)

By Barb in Tennessee

RE: 13 Year Old Girl Party Ideas

This idea adapts well to ages 9 and up. I did a Mall Scavenger Hunt party for my twins. I researched it on various web sites, then used all my favorite ideas and created our own party. Each daughter invited 5 friends. Their 'team' each wore a certain color shirt ('blue team' versus 'pink team'). I made a list of clues to stores in the mall.

At each store, the friends were to help the birthday girl pick out and buy one item. Each friend brought $5 instead of a gift, so the money was pooled together and used for the shopping. Each team had a disposable camera and were supposed to take photos at certain places, for example, they were challenged to have their team photo taken next to a kayak (there were several at the sporting goods store).

After the hunt, the birthday girls were told they could keep everything that they purchased. They had brownies and a drink, then we had a contest and prize for whoever guessed the total number of stores in the mall.

Some of the clues we used were: At the Disney store, find out the name of the film company that Donald worked for (it was printed on a large Donald character holding a movie camera). This store's name starts with 'B' and 'B' (Bath & Body). Another clue was to a candy store, where they, of course, bought candy! The photos were later developed and one photo was sent out with each Thank you.

They had a fantastic time, and the moms and kids were impressed because no one had ever been to a Mall Scavenger Hunt Party before! If your mall has a movie theater, you could include a movie in the fun. (08/13/2007)

By Crafty_VA_Mom

RE: 13 Year Old Girl Party Ideas

See if there is a children's rec. Hall (like for after school programs. Even if you can only get it on a Sunday) in your city, with disco ball, dance floor, dj, video game machines, etc. This is what my daughter is going to surprise my granddaughter with for her 13th b-day party next month. The cost for the hall, pizza, drinks,dj, games etc is $75.00 Per 2 hours slots . This covers up to 15 children and five dollars each for any others who are invited. The hall will be rented for 4 hours with 1 hour before and 1 hour after to decorate and clean-up.

This site even supplies chaperons to help the parents with the party while the dancing, eating and such go on. The theme will be a feather mask ball with fancy dresses, beads. If you did something like this you and your friends could have fun going to a thrift store and picking out long fancy dresses, the mask are about $15.00 On line for a box of 20, the cake can be made or bought cheep. What ever you do

I hope you have a great birthday. I think that the 13th b-day is even more special than the 16th b-day because this is the first day you will ever be a teenager. (09/25/2007)

By SUZI

RE: 13 Year Old Girl Party Ideas

I think it would be fun to get face painting stuff makeup facials nail & hair stuff then have a make your own ice-cream bar make it into to a slumber party for goo-die bags lip-gloss mini mirrors bath fizzes and a picture of the girls at the party (01/11/2008)

By bri

RE: 13 Year Old Girl Party Ideas

:] Ask your child what they want, and just go for it. Plan inexpensively, but make it fun. <3 They'll love a party at the park, or somewhere at a pool. :] (10/17/2008)

RE: 13 Year Old Girl Party Ideas

Nov 12 birthday girl: You don't say how old you are. That could make a difference in what people advise and what your dad will say about a boy/girl party. You might be surprised at how understanding your dad can be. I'm pretty sure he wants you to be happy so just talk to him. He's most likely feeling a little lost having a girl to raise alone and needs help figuring it all out. You'll just have to help him. Sit down, look him in the eye and say, "Dad, I need to talk to you." Let us know a bit more about your situation so we can advise a bit better. You know this Thrifty Fun bunch. We LOVE to give advise!! =(^.^)= (10/26/2008)

By Glenn'sMom

RE: 13 Year Old Girl Party Ideas

Last year my daughter turned 12 and we had a scavenger hunt at a mall. There were four teams each given a list of items to find, the adult with the group had a camera to take a picture of each step. some things were taking a picture in an outfit in the store, taking a picture with a employee in the store, finding a advertisement from a store, finding a tee shirt with a particular picture or just finding an particular item. You make up your own list. They have one hour and the team that wins wins a prize, then they went to lunch at a restaurant.

Another way to do the scavenger hunt is each team is given money to buy the birthday girl the perfect gift in one hour then they meet up for lunch and the birthday girl gets the gifts they brought in the mall and their personal gifts and the team wins a prize. Have a sleepover and go home the next day. (02/12/2009)

By Mom of a soon to be 13 year old