Potato Salad

This recipe was passed down to us from our grandmother. Somebody in the family usually makes it for every family gathering in the summer. We usually all taste and adjust the seasonings after we're together to make sure the flavor is just right. Be sure to read the recipe through before starting.

• 6 cups cubed Russet potatoes
  • 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
  • 4 Tbsp. sweet pickle juice
  • 3 Tbsp. sweet pickles, chopped
  • Ad
  • 1 tsp. dried onion (softened in a little water)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods)
  • 2 Tbsp. catchup (Heinz)
  • 1 Tbsp. chili sauce
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped

Directions:

Boil whole potatoes in their skins until just fork tender. Drain and cool. Peel and cut into cubes. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pickle juice. Add chopped pickles and softened onion. Stir in mayonnaise, catchup, and chili sauce. Gently stir in chopped hard boiled egg. Adjust all ingredients to taste.

You can also substitute cooked salad macaroni for the potatoes for a delicious macaroni salad.

Source: Family recipe

By Diana from Willow Creek, CA

I could never understand why people boil whole potatoes and then peel and cube them? I peel & cube first and then boil. The small pieces cook so much faster than whole potatoes.

I also boil my potatoes in the skin. I think it gives the potato a different texture. The reason I do it that way is, that's the way my mama did it. If she were living today, she would be 110 years old.

For large potatoes, I cover with water, put a lid on the pot and boil 20 minutes, cut the stove off, leave covered and let them sit for about 3 hours. To chill, I drain off the water and add some ice cubes for a few minutes before peeling and dicing.

Potato Salad Recipes
Potato Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads PotatoJuly 1, 2010
Potato Salad Dressing
Potato Salad Dressing Recipes
Red Potato Salad in a white dish
Red Potato Salad Recipes
Potato salad that does not have mayo in a white bowl
Making Potato Salad Without Mayo
Hot Potato Salad
Hot Potato Salad Recipes
🎉
🎄