Checkbook Didn't Come With a Duplicate Flap

I bought a checkbook wallet and it does not have a duplicate flap. You know the little plastic flap that goes between the duplicate checks so that when you are writing a check, the writing wont go thru to the next check. Do you have any ideas on what else I can use instead of this plastic flap protector?

Onesummer

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I just cut myself a piece of thin cardboard the exact size. I used the back of a pack of checks.

edie

Try using a thin piece of cardboard cut to size for your cheque book.

My chequebook came like that too... so now when I write a cheque I pull the actual chequebook out a bit and put the top flap down and write on top of it, using the cover as the duplicate flap. Works great!

I took a 4x6 index card and cut it down to fit.

It worked great!

Or you could use one of those irritating cards that are stuck between the pages in a magazine.

Save the square of plastic from a package of bacon, wash it well and cut to size. Wash out a milk jug and cut the size you need from the flat side of the milk carton.

I think a piece of thin cardboard like from the back of a notebook cut to size would work well.

What works best for me is to cut a greeting card or the card stock type which comes in panty hose about an inch or two longer than the checks and just a bit wider and just stick it between the carbon and the next check. It works really fine and doesn' t fall out.

trawboss

Easiest way? Ask the bank for another one - with the flap.

Go to Tandy Leather Factory.com The item is called NCR Checkbook Insert. They cost $1.99

Answer

Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Cat Looking in Flap
Other Cats Using My Cat Flap
Getting Hair Dye Off Skin
Getting Hair Dye Off Skin
Finding New Friends, Circle of Friends
Finding New Friends
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 14, 2016 at 10:28:26 AM on 10.0.1.158 in 734 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.