Vacuum Cleaners That Clean With Water

Has anyone tried the vacuum that cleans with water that are seen on TV? You buy one and get the second for shipping and handling? I know my mother used to have one called Rex Air and they are now called Rainbow.

Martha from Savannah, TN

I have a rainbow and it works great. You should see all the gunk in the water. I find I don't use it much anymore because I have a central vac. It works great for the car and the van. I did get tired of emptying the water thing. I guess I'm just too lazy. I remember that I spent way too much money on it. It was a door to door sales thing at the time. That was about twenty years ago now. It does work well though.

I have a Rainbow and love it. I now have hardwood floors but use the floor tool. I have carpeted bedrooms. I also have a cat and it gets all the hair. It also has a attachment that blows up air mattresses and balloons. I have an old strainer that I use for emptying it. I take it to the yard and drain it through the strainer and dump the residue into a plastic bag, tie it up and throw it in the trash. No problem for me.

I worked in Environmental Services at a hospital years ago.. we used

the Rainbow vacume. We had to stop working 45 minutes early every day to allow time to clean up the machine of coarse that included the time it took to go between floors but it still took an

excessive amount of time to clean etc.

Hi all,

My hubby was selling them about 10 years ago. I love my rainbow. I didn't buy a new one, who could afford that. No we bought one used from a lady locally. I love it. No nasty smells when vacuuming. It gets all the nasty stuff caught in the water. I then dump it out out side on the grass over some news papers. Water rolls away and the rest I roll up and trhow in the garbage a quick swish and it is all clean.

My sister can come over now. She could never come to my house because of the cat dander. But you can do an air wash and it cleans the air. It is an awesome machine especially for those with allergies.

They are always selling on ebay. And even check with your local vacuum repair guy.

good luck!! If you want more info on them write me and I will find out from hubby.

Laura

I really like my rainbow, but as others have said it has to be emptied and cleaned, but well worth the extra effort, because you can see if your carpets need shampooing, just by looking at the water.

I am a homemaker for the elderly and 1 of my clients has 1 of these, dont know what brand tho. I found it to be a nuisense to attach the hose, change the "nozzles" to do different areas such as hard wood and carpet, and to dump and clean the canister. It works great, but would not get one for myself for all the hassles.

I've owned a Rainbow Vac for 22 years. Sure you have to empty the water container and occasionally clean the metal "thingy" with a toothbrush. But how hard is that? The cleaning tools, I thought, were like any other for a vacuum...you change from a beater bar for carpet, a different one for other floors then the attachments for crevice tool, small brush and upholstery. Yes, we spent a lot of money on ours at the time, too. But worth every penny. The only thing I've had done to mine in all these years...new belts on the powerbar (for carpets), new latches that hold canister to water bowl, and replaced my hose that attaches to the powerbar. Just being able to see the junk you've vacuumed up makes you feel like you've done the job right. It is an investment and if the quality and workmanship is as good as it was 22 years ago, I don't think you can go wrong if you can afford it.

I enjoy my rainbow.

edie

Hum-m-m-mmmm, yes, the Rainbow seems to be a good product. However, when I sold vacuums and air filters, many clients were unaware that the water cannot catch anything oily, such as human skin, greasy hair, weird pollution and pollen from the air.

Although the water is truly muddy and yucky, who in the world really enjoys/wants to deal with it the way it's designed? I suggest a stronger suction, double bagged vacuum without water, then rent a good steamer like Rug Doctor. Otherwise, a floor will come out with wall to wall mudpies that can't be seen nor removed, if the vacuuming wasn't truly strong, which the Rainbow doesn't even claim to be. Although it did work on lots of areas and got dirty fast, I could always vacuum right after it and get TONS of left-behind debris it missed, as well as shine a photo bulb lamp on the nearby tables and room air to prove my claims. It's not worth the money in my opinion and cannot compete with the Hoover 7500

WindTunnel and accessories, for suction, for example. Hope this helps? God bless you. : )

rainbows are still made as rex air. they are made in Troy michigan. ive seen them pick up stuff after a kirby. wet dust dont fly! they have double motors using the big and lil ones, sure u have to do some work, but its better for u, your invironment, u can also get oils at a rainbow supplier. your house will smell great and longer then any spray you buy. you can get the bag with it too, to stuff your pillows in, cusions, etc. just blow air in and out and they are fresh as a daisy. and yes rainbows do pick up dust mites! if your up for the expense and the after use work, its your best option. ive seen demos, my ex sold them. if they will pick up after the use of a kirby, you cant do any better then that. he used to put it inside my car, and run it and it made my car smell so good! it can lower the temp in a room and sanitise rooms. get a free demo, call a vacuum store. you will love it.

I have had a Rainbow for twenty years, the same one, and have had to replace a belt only one time. No other maintenance. It works fantastically! Yes, I paid a whole lot for it, but it has been worth every penny. I got the whole package, which includes a carpet shampooer. It is the best $1500 I ever spent. My house is clean. It picks up everything! Is it extra work? Only a tiny bit. I have a sink strainer in the sink in my laundry room, so I empty the canister right into the sink, then empty the strainer in the trash. It takes only about 3 minutes, mainly for all the water to seep through all the dirt the machine has vacuumed up, and we vacuum every other week, and there is just the two of us. If you have children, it's a MUST. You won't believe how much dirt accumulates in such a short time. You have to see it to believe it. And I agree with the people who says it cleans up after the Kirby is done. Kirby can't hold a candle to the Rainbow. I only wish I had this when my children were growing up!

Red Vacuum Cleaner
Choosing a Good Vacuum Cleaner
Consumer Advice Product Reviews House and Home Vacuum CleanersApril 13, 2007
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
🎉
🎄