Make Two Throw Pillows from a Pillow

I wanted to make new throw pillows to decorate my granddaughter's bedrooms. Fiberfill is so expensive, so I started buying pillows, and taking them apart (I see that's now a tip on this site!). That's when it hit me! Why was I going through all this trouble?

Now I take a bed pillow, fold it in half, and pin the ends together. Then I use my hands to separate the fill at the fold. Then I use 8 safety pins to make a channel down the center of fold, 4 to a side, leaving an inch or so between them. Then I unpin the ends, and sew 2 seams down the center channel, next to pins. Cut between the seams, and you have 2 pillows! Now you make your pillow covers to fit them! Have fun!

By Crafty Nanny from Hartwick, NY

Wow! Thanks, this is one of those wonderful tips where you say. "Hmmm, now why didn't I think of that!" But, I didn't & you did! So thanks for telling us crafters this amazingly easy & money-saving trick!

Throw Pillows
Making Throw Pillows
Crafts Home DecorJune 22, 2009
Throw Pillows
Recovering Throw Pillows
dark pink zinnia pillow
Making a Zinnia Throw Pillow
Making T-Shirt Pillows
Making T-Shirt Pillows
A stack of soft fluffy down pillows.
Cleaning A Down Pillow