Use Your Crockpot as an Oven

I found I am able to use my crock pot as an oven. I have been trying everything in: acorn squash, yellow squash, zucchini, potatoes, yams, etc. - without any water. Often I leave some things like acorn squash, yams, and potatoes in the crock overnight - on the low setting. It makes life so much easier! It also eliminates so much processed foods.

By Billie from Melbourne, FL

Have you also saved money? I like to use the crockpot all year, but especially in the summer so the kitchen stays cool.

I do the same, here. I wrap my acorn squash, potatoes etc.in foil, so good.If you wrap them real tight, you can put diff. stuff in at the same time.

Thank you for the idea! I'm going to try baking something this way tonight. Am thinking of trying to make bread dough in a can work like this...maybe with a little water in the crock? Thanks for the inspiration!

I like the idea of wrapping different food items in foil and crock cooking them at the same time. Great idea!

Sorry to be a bit dim but is a 'Crockpot' a Slow-Cooker? I live in England and the term 'Crockpot' is not known to us.

Monique :)

<b>Editor's Note:</b> Yes, It is a slow cooker that is plugged into the wall. It has a ceramic removable liner thus the name "crock pot".

To the Brit poster, Yes a crockpot is a brand of slow cooker.

To the poster: WOW that is a great idea. My husband just started a job as a trucker so is not home and my son is away at college. I am home alone and eating very unhealthy. It seems a waste to heat the oven for one person. I shall definately use my slow cooker. HMM and I was just thinking my slow cooker was too big. THANKS

I have a large oval shaped slow cooker/crock pot and I have made meat loaf and baked potatos in mine. I formed kind of little foil pan for the meat loaf and then I wrapped two large baking potatos in foil and put them in the other end. I don't know for sure how I cooked them----I was expermenting, but I have seen directions for this on different web site. The only problem was that the inside of the potatos were a little on the yellowish side when they were done, but since then I have read that is a common occurance.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Crockpot CookingJanuary 20, 2009
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
🎄
🍂