Making Better Pancakes

When making pancakes with any recipe, try adding a little extra kick. Take one regular pancake mixture and add cinnamon, and a little nutmeg to taste. Then add just a little champagne. This makes them nice and fluffy as well as very tasty. On top we add the fruit of the season. Makes a great family treat or a special breakfast for your sweetie.

By Lifewithmadman from Little Rock, AR

For those who do not drink alcohol, club soda has the same effect as the champagne.

With anytype of pancake, waffle mix, add a teaspoon of good quality vanilla, you'll never go back to regular pancakes! My DD and I, call it our special ingredient!

For those that do drink alcohol, beer gives the pancakes a light airy consistancy and a little yeasty flavor. Does not taste like beer just very yummy!!

Also, be sure the pan is hot and turn only once for nice fluffy pancakes. Too many turns (and smashing down with spatula) will make them tough.

Another tip for any pancakes is wait until the pan is hot enough so that water skips when you wet your fingers and shake them over the pan. Then wait until the bubbles break on the top of the batter before turning them.

Well, that seems like a really expensive way to make pancakes!! Yeah, I keep champaigne in the fridge just so I can make pancakes!! LOL

But I'd love to try it if I were doing a big brunch or something, that might be fun.

A stack of pancakes.
Pancake Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BreakfastOctober 2, 2006
Eating pancakes with applesauce.
Syrup Alternatives for Pancakes
Reheating Pancakes
Reheating Pancakes
A tack of pancakes ready for freezing.
Freezing Pancakes
Gingerbread Pancakes
Gingerbread Pancakes
🎉
🎄